The Student Room Group

Resitting my A2s

Currently holding offers for Bath (AAA) and Manchester (AAB)

At AS I got AAB - and for this year I was predicted AAB.

However, I'm not feeling confident. I usually do better in exams than I do beforehand. I did at least twice as much revision for my A2's than my AS's. I made sure I was getting A's in the most recent past papers before my exams.

But like I say, I'm just not feeling confident. I feel like I really messed up my exams, but enough of the whining. I'm just explaining this because I don't really have an excuse to not do as well as I should have - like family problems or something.

Will the universities I applied to frown upon me retaking my A2's? Are they likely to even give me an offer? If they do give me an offer will it will be higher than my previous ones?

I'm just wondering how much the offers of universities change after you re-take your A2s. Anyone got experience
Original post by Jordanap
Currently holding offers for Bath (AAA) and Manchester (AAB)

At AS I got AAB - and for this year I was predicted AAB.

However, I'm not feeling confident. I usually do better in exams than I do beforehand. I did at least twice as much revision for my A2's than my AS's. I made sure I was getting A's in the most recent past papers before my exams.

But like I say, I'm just not feeling confident. I feel like I really messed up my exams, but enough of the whining. I'm just explaining this because I don't really have an excuse to not do as well as I should have - like family problems or something.

Will the universities I applied to frown upon me retaking my A2's? Are they likely to even give me an offer? If they do give me an offer will it will be higher than my previous ones?

I'm just wondering how much the offers of universities change after you re-take your A2s. Anyone got experience

I'm not sure I understand - if you're holding offers then you're holding offers.

Are you talking about if you fail to get in to either your firm/insurance and decide to retake and reapply? If so then every university/course has a different policy on retakes so you would be best approaching each university individually (*if* you miss your offers and both unis decide to reject you and you can't find any alternatives in clearing) before you reapply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending