Am I eating too healthy? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My stats:
    5'10
    105 pounds
    24.5 inch waist
    bmi: 15.9

Background:
    I don't eat fried food, I mostly eat very heathy (4 kinds of fruit, 3 kinds of vegetable). For meat I eat fish mainly and beef, rarely pork(just don't like it nothing special). For grain I eat rice 3 meals and bread before sleep. For milk I drink 2 cups, maybe 3 if you include my afternoon coffee.

is there anything wrong with my diet?
    What can I do to gain weight?

ReputationRep:
    Mate, you seem REALLY skinny.
    Though, this COULD be due to your metabolism, so, I wouldn't worry about it TOO much yet.

Give it a couple of years because your metabolism tends to slow down when you 18/19 (did for me) and I started gaining weight.
    I am now nearly 20, 5'7 and weigh 140lbs (10 stone).

I eat healthily enough and I guarantee you I eat my 5 a day, enough fat etc...
    Don't worry about it too much.

ALTHOUGH, is your diet strict or are you a little flexible, i.e. do you snack?
    If you want to gain weight, I would recommend building muscle mass but, like I said before it is probably a high metabolism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Mate, you seem REALLY skinny.
    Though, this COULD be due to your metabolism, so, I wouldn't worry about it TOO much yet.

Give it a couple of years because your metabolism tends to slow down when you 18/19 (did for me) and I started gaining weight.
    I am now nearly 20, 5'7 and weigh 140lbs (10 stone).

I eat healthily enough and I guarantee you I eat my 5 a day, enough fat etc...
    Don't worry about it too much.

ALTHOUGH, is your diet strict or are you a little flexible, i.e. do you snack?
    If you want to gain weight, I would recommend building muscle mass but, like I said before it is probably a high metabolism.
    I poop about 3-4 times a day, so maybe high metabolism?

My diet isn't strict, I can eat anything I want actually. Although in not that incline to change. I don't snack.

ReputationRep:
    hit the gym and do stronglifs 3 days a week and eat alot more clean foods with enough protein and make sure you get at least 8 hours of rest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    hit the gym and do stronglifs 3 days a week and eat alot more clean foods with enough protein and make sure you get at least 8 hours of rest
    Eggs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilsoncw1997)
    Eggs?
    eggs,chicken,beef,fish

ReputationRep:
    eggs,chicken,beef,fish

Already have tons of beef and chicken.

ReputationRep:
    How old are you?

Such a low BMI would probably set off alarm bells with a doctor as your weight means you're at risk of osteoporosis, anemia etc.

ReputationRep:
    Already have tons of beef and chicken.
    just start working out and if you are not seeing any gain in muscle eat more meat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    How old are you?

Such a low BMI would probably set off alarm bells with a doctor as your weight means you're at risk of osteoporosis, anemia etc.
    It's stamped to my username...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam')
    You should hit the gym, go at least 3 times a week and have set routines. Also, supplements may be a good idea too, not normal protein shakes but there are specific mass gainer shakes which work on building mass and not tone which would be what you need.
    There is so much wrong with your second sentence it's painful.

ReputationRep:
    My stats:
    5'10
    105 pounds
    24.5 inch waist
    bmi: 15.9

Background:
    I don't eat fried food, I mostly eat very heathy (4 kinds of fruit, 3 kinds of vegetable). For meat I eat fish mainly and beef, rarely pork(just don't like it nothing special). For grain I eat rice 3 meals and bread before sleep. For milk I drink 2 cups, maybe 3 if you include my afternoon coffee.

is there anything wrong with my diet?
    What can I do to gain weight?
    How old are you? I know lots of people that had similar issues until their early/mid 20s and then they bulked out

edit - apologies i can see you have already answered that question. Sounds like high metabolism and you cant do a huge amount about that. I agree its worth mentioning to your doctor incase its a underlying health problem causing it.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    It you want to gain weight just need to eat everything in sight (make sure you hit about 105g of protein) and train hard. At this point you need to start eating some 'unhealthy' foods to get your calories above you BMR (Basal Metabloic Rate). Of course continue your 'healthy' foods with this aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Buy a box of those fruit and nut bars which will give you some much needed protein and an extra few calories.

Fat has this bad image in the health industry but you do need fat in your diet just to survive, basic biology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CRW1996)

It you want to gain weight just need to eat everything in sight (make sure you hit about 105g of protein) and train hard. At this point you need to start eating some 'unhealthy' foods to get your calories above you BMR (Basal Metabloic Rate). Of course continue your 'healthy' foods with this aswell.
    So I need to listen to my friends and eat Big Macs?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Buy a box of those fruit and nut bars which will give you some much needed protein and an extra few calories.

Fat has this bad image in the health industry but you do need fat in your diet just to survive, basic biology.
    Energy bars? I'll have some at home and I'll eat them if so.

ReputationRep:
    So I need to listen to my friends and eat Big Macs?!?!
    if you want to go from skinny to fat yes

ReputationRep:
    if you want to go from skinny to fat yes
    I'll get one then...
    So unhealthy...

ReputationRep:
    I would say to bulk up

Eat a **** load, you might think you're eating a lot but I guarantee it's not a lot of calories, have meat for every meal (6 meals a day) and put on some lbs

I wouldn't go eating big mac's like your friends say, you'll put on fat instead of lean muscle

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.