Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What can be done to encourage women Watch

ReputationRep:
    Gender roles usually decide what most people do for a living, even if this 2014 and not the ''mad men'' era. Feminism has had some great successes in obtaining equality for women in many areas but many jobs still remain almost 100% male, such as these listed here :

What can be done to get rid of sexism/gender bias in the workplace and encourage women into these jobs/careers ?

A lot of women aren't interested in those jobs. Why do people feel the need to put women into an industry they obviously aren't interested in?

ReputationRep:
      What that guy said ^.

Same goes for trying to force women into politics or any other *******s they don't want to do.

ReputationRep:
      I'm sure some idiot will come along and discriminate against better qualified men by banning them?

ReputationRep:
      What we need is quotas for female loggers.

ReputationRep:
      Being the grammar Nazi that I am the way violence is spelt wrong really got to me on that poster.

ReputationRep:
      Nothing needs to be done to encourage women into any industry, and quotas are such a despicable idea.

I don't get the obsession with social engineering, let people do what they want.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by AdamCee)
      Being the grammar Nazi that I am the way violence is spelt wrong really got to me on that poster.
      "Voilence" sounds like "violence" said in an Australian accent.

ReputationRep:
      Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed with the other peeps who said there's no point in encouraging women to work in a particular place if they aren't interested. Its about passion, dedication, motivation and the physical ability to have a particular job. Regardless of whether men dominate it or not. And that said, we should be encouraging women to stay home and look after their kids whilst men go out and work.

ReputationRep:
      Forgot to add computer programmer to the list!

I bent my finger back on the keyboard this morning

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
      "Voilence" sounds like "violence" said in an Australian accent.
      Beer can sounds like bacon said in a Jamaican accent too.. What's your point :P

(Original post by iEatMuFFiNS)
      Forgot to add computer programmer to the list!

I bent my finger back on the keyboard this morning
      :rofl::rofl::rofl:

ReputationRep:
      Just a note. In the UK there has been a significant increase of females choosing the Agricultural industry with an 11% rise since last year. Now considering agriculture is one of the most dangerous industries in the UK with roughly a death a week, these women have chosen, without the need of encouragement and campaigns.

We should give people the opportunities to choose where they want to work, not force them to do something they don't want to do. At the end of the day it is all about freedom of choice. Let people do what they want to do and we will have happier and more efficient workers.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.