Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it illegal to have sex with someone who is one day before their 16th birthday? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is it illegal to have sex with someone who is one day before their 16th birthday?

ReputationRep:
    As they're under 16 I suppose yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Under 16 = underage.

Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

Just wait one day........

ReputationRep:
    When the clocks strike midnight do it. Can you not wait 24 hours

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EatAndRevise)
    Yes

Just wait one day........
    I;m not having sex with anyone anytime soon but I don't see what one day could do.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    In a court of law, it's rape. Why risk it?

ReputationRep:
    Technically yes, it'd be illegal, but it'd be highly unlikely that you'd be prosecuted for it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Its rape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reluire)
    In a court of law, it's rape. Why risk it?
    So if someone had sex with a 15 year, 365 23 hours and 59 mins year old it's rape?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MylittlePlusle)
    So if someone had sex with a 15 year, 365 23 hours and 59 mins year old it's rape?
    In the eyes of the law, yes.

ReputationRep:
    They have to put a cutoff somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Over the course of the day, she will develop the mental ability to be able to consent to sex. Just wait until the clock strikes 12.

ReputationRep:
    Yup.

And 52 seconds.

ReputationRep:
    Anything under 16 years would be classed as statutory rape, I said this in your last thread about your underage girlfriend whom you have yet to meet. If you two really do love each other then just wait until she is 16 before you take your relationship any further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbo-92)
    Anything under 16 years would be classed as statutory rape, I said this in your last thread about your underage girlfriend whom you have yet to meet. If you two really do love each other then just wait until she is 16 before you take your relationship any further.
    This has nothing to do with that becuase I ended it. It's something that just came to my head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    Yes. Over the course of the day, she will develop the mental ability to be able to consent to sex. Just wait until the clock strikes 12.
    I really think you're messing with me, I think it's very likely that it only takes a day for someone to consent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Yup.

And 52 seconds.
    It's only a minute, it's not going to matter at all.

ReputationRep:
    It's only a minute, it's not going to matter at all.
    Could be worse - its 18 in the USA...

ReputationRep:
    I;m not having sex with anyone anytime soon but I don't see what one day could do.
    That used to be my opinion but if they let you off 'cause she was one day away then people who were 2 days away will start being let off and so on, so I'd say just wait till the girl is actually 16 haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.