Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Please tell me I can stilll apply for Student finance watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm an EU student and will be starting uni this September but I missed the May 31st deadline for submitting the application for student finance. Can someone please tell me if the rule of applying up to 9 months after the deadline still applies in 2014?

ReputationRep:
    I applied wayy later than May 31st last year, and I've yet to apply this year (will be doing it today though!). I vaguely recall being told that May 31st was like the "guideline", not the actual deadline, but this is Student Finance Wales. Either way, the application process doesn't seem to take that long at all, so if you get it done today you'll be good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheReckless)
    I applied wayy later than May 31st last year, and I've yet to apply this year (will be doing it today though!). I vaguely recall being told that May 31st was like the "guideline", not the actual deadline, but this is Student Finance Wales. Either way, the application process doesn't seem to take that long at all, so if you get it done today you'll be good.
    whew...Thank you for calming me down

ReputationRep:
    You can apply for Student Finance up to 9 months after the start of your course. The payment is likey to be late if you apply after the end of May, but that isn't a cut-off date.

As an EU student you'll only get the Tuition Fee Loan. Hoever as long as you can prove to your uni that your application is progressing, they should be patient. SF will supply this info when the unii confirms your enrolment at the start of the academic year.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.