Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

So in China, there's a mall which gave 10 parking slots that is exclusive to women, and it has caused massive outrage as it is called sexist and insulting women's driving ability.

Read more here: http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/BL-CJB-23225

So my question would be if you were a women, and you see these parking slots in the UK. Would you like it or not?

As for men, do you think it's good that we give these spaces to women exclusively? Finally if there is no one looking around, would you park these as they are 30 cm wider than usual?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's hilarious. The amount of mums I've seen in ridiculous sized range rovers who can't even drive them...smh. I hope they use them.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't park in a woman's space

But if they have spaces for women where are the exclusive spaces for men? :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Other countries have them as well:

ReputationRep:
    I would be particularly unimpressed. I think that anyone who can't park in their own space should be clamped by the car park. If you don't know how big your car is, how to steer it, and where the white lines are on the floor (edit: or pink in this case...), then you shouldn't be driving.

I don't understand why so many people have unnecessarily huge cars nowadays. It's awful for the environment, and some of the people who buy them don't seem to know how to drive them. 4x4's were designed for uneven ground on farm tracks or for army use, not for the perfectly smooth roads we are accustomed to that any MOT-passed car can handle. I can understand if you live in the middle of nowhere and are constantly cut off by snow, or if the pools of mud on the dirt tracks by your farm are too deep for a smaller car to manage, but you don't need a big, fuel-guzzling car like that to trundle around a city when you could just as easily drive a smaller car, or walk!

Sorry, rant over.

ReputationRep:
    but it doesn't look any wider than a normal spot :|

ReputationRep:
    I'd park badly on purpose

30cm extra isn't enough, some of us want more

ReputationRep:
    lel

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.