Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you want women exclusive parking space here in the UK? Watch

ReputationRep:

So in China, there's a mall which gave 10 parking slots that is exclusive to women, and it has caused massive outrage as it is called sexist and insulting women's driving ability.

Read more here: http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/BL-CJB-23225

So my question would be if you were a women, and you see these parking slots in the UK. Would you like it or not?

As for men, do you think it's good that we give these spaces to women exclusively? Finally if there is no one looking around, would you park these as they are 30 cm wider than usual?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Well if they're outraged in China, how do you think women will take it here? This would never be allowed in the UK since it's demeaning and sexist beyond belief. Maybe have a few bays which are slightly larger for people who do suck at parking but don't label them exclusively for women.

ReputationRep:
    No, it is a ludicrous idea.

ReputationRep:
    Practically speaking, it's a wonderful idea that will make us all better off

From a PC standpoint, we are now allowed to acknowledge that in favour of trivial concepts of equality

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter how big you make the spaces, some people (men and women) are so bad at parking they will still find a way to take up more than one space!

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to park in a woman's space

The OPs version is just asinine...
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    If there is some reputable study to show that UK women are statistically worse at parking and that giving them wider bays would ameliorate the problem, then I would be in favour of them. The same goes for if that were the case for men.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    If there is some reputable study to show that UK women are statistically worse at parking and that giving them wider bays would ameliorate the problem, then I would be in favour of them. The same goes for if that were the case for men.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...r-talking.html
    This is the best I can find.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Interesting. I'm not sure a 5% average difference would be enough to warrant separate bays though.

You must remember that women also have bosoms which makes it very difficult to turn around.
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    No thanks. Plus why should people (of either gender) who are rubbish at parking have the luxury of bigger parking spaces?!

ReputationRep:
    Women are like parking spaces in all honesty, the best ones are taken and the rest are disabled.

ReputationRep:
    Make BMW only parking spaces.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.