Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i'm starting media btec 2 year course this september. I'm 18 already, i had to retake my gcses and last year i took as levels but i hated doing them as i find exams basically impossible, even though the classes i can enjoy. the thing is, i don't know if i really want to be doing this media btec. I feel like i have chosen to do btec because i can't do exams. I have never really studied media before. could anyone tell me what it is like? i guess i feel lost with school. i don't know if i would be better with getting a job at somewhere like sainsburys and working full time.

ReputationRep:
    With the BTEC Media, you'll be focusing on more practical work, as well as some essay-style work. Depending on the college you're going to, you'll even have an opportunity to do some work experience, or get some extra-curricular experience in your chosen field. I was able to do so much in both of my courses (one was centered around Art and Design with a focus on Digital Media). Having no exams is a huge benefit, but you really do need to put a lot of work into it - but hey, it's actually a lot of fun!

It's not really one of the 'soft' subjects, because a lot goes into it.

I hope I've helped with making your decision I really enjoyed both courses that I was on, and I've definitely benefited from them.

ReputationRep:
    I've just completed it and loved it. The coursework was interesting we did a lot of practical like we made; music videos, documentaries, short films, idents, corporate videos. If you have any questions feel free to message me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.