Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I dont know what to do or what to think? Watch

    • Thread Starter

    I was at a festival abroad and I got split up from my friends, on the way back to the tent I took a wrong turning, I was really drunk. I was chatting to people as I went when I started talking to these guys, one of them kissed me and took me into their tent, we began to start having sex when one of his friends walked in, they were shouting all sorts of 'wanting a go' and I was uncomfortable so I told him to stop I went to pull my clothes back on ad he pulled me back and carried on, he was much more aggressive after that really hurting me and pulling my hair forcing me to give him oral and once it was over I was told 'if you're not gone in five minutes were coming in and having a go' by his friends

    The one friend I told said I should go to the police but I feel like it's my fault, I was really drunk, I didn't resist in the beginning I was openly flirting with him when I stumbled into their camp, and I didn't put up a fight when I told him to stop. I just feel so **** alone and ashamed. Any advice?

    Hi Philliamm
    Thanks for your message. That sounds like a really scary and traumatic thing to go through.

    Firstly, it is important that you know that this was not your fault.
    Legally, if someone is drunk they are not actually able to consent to sex so having no-consensual sex with someone who is intoxicated is rape. Also, you made it very clear that you were not happy and did not want to continue, he was then aggressive and forced you which is rape. It must have been even worse to have his friends being threatening. Even if you wanted to have sex initially, you have every right to change your mind and that should be respected.

    You really need some support in coping with what happened. It is your decision if you want to report to the Police. I think it would be a good idea to have a look at this site - Rape Crisis are a lovely organisation who talk to people every day who have experienced rape. It will not matter that you were drunk, they will support you and give you advice confidentially. They can talk you through what would happen if you did want to report it. There is also info about that on their site.
    They have a freephone helpline - 0808 802 9999
    12 - 2.30pm
    7 - 9.30pm
    you can also search on there for local services.

    Please contact them and get some support. I know it may feel daunting to talk about it, but it really will help. You do not have to go through this alone.
    take care
Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

    Quick link:

    Unanswered relationship abuse Q&A threads

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.