Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many kisses do you send to your friends/family/partner? xxx Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, what kind of kissing (x) behaviour do you use in texts?
    I was talking about this with a friend and we noticed we both use xxx's differently.

I tend to use mine more self consciously and reflect how much the other person is using. While she tends to use hers as a full stop of the sentence x

I know some people don't like using any! Which kind of person are you?

If you're interested in the topic, she also has a survey up which is really worth a few minutes on: TAKE SURVEY HERE

Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by motorbiker)
    x
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    x
    (Original post by numberwang)
    x
    (Original post by she-rah)
    x

ReputationRep:
    Another way I use text kisses is adding on an extra x when the text is terse or might come across as impolite!

ReputationRep:
    Usually none.
    But if they are ill or upset then just one. I'm stingy when it comes to kisses.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Armadillo)
    I was talking about this with a friend and we noticed we both use xxx's differently.

I tend to use mine more self consciously and reflect how much the other person is using. While she tends to use hers as a full stop of the sentence x

If you're interested in the topic, she also has a survey up which is really worth a few minutes on: https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/sussex/kiss

Spoiler:
    Show

Everyone gets a x from me.

Have accidentally signed off with a x to employers and other people I shouldn't be kissing really.

Not using any just seems so cold

ReputationRep:

I never use any. Ever.

I'll say nice things but i don't think to add little lower case versions of the letter x at the end to symbolise kissing her virtually through the phone.

Gf uses them when talking to me though.

My mother doesn't seem to understand at all and now uses an x instead of a full stop every setence on texts/fb messenger etc. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Well I only talk to males, so texting them with x's would be awkward somewhat.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Nav_Mallhi)
    Usually none.
    But if they are ill or upset then just one. I'm stingy when it comes to kisses.
    Cold as ice xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    It depends.

If you send me kisses, I send you kisses.

However, if a person sends me like 3+ I usually just put 3 or not bother & put 2. It's easier just to put two. More is excessive and usually sarcastic.

Xx= the best

Have accidentally signed off with a x to employers and other people I shouldn't be kissing really.

Not using any just seems so cold
    Aw haha, especially at "other people I shouldn't be kissing really"

It does feel a little cold actually. More from friends at school though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    'x' usually to pretty much everyone really

more than one when I'm flirting :teehee: or just feeling super super nice
    oh and if someone sends me a message with a number of x's like 'xxxxxx' I will send the same number back

ReputationRep:
    Probably this many xxxxxxxxxx if it's to my girlfriend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I send 'xoxox' usually, to anyone really. Force of habit more than anything really.

ReputationRep:
    depends i have a code
    1 = accident
    2 = friends
    3 = take the money
    4 = the security guide is nearby
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    It depends.

If you send me kisses, I send you kisses. :dontknow:

However, if a person sends me like 3+ I usually just but 3 or not bother & put 2. It's easier just to put two. Xx

Xx= the best
    Two is a good amount. :yy: I approve

Aw haha, especially at "other people I shouldn't be kissing really"

It does feel a little cold actually. More from friends at school though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I suppose it has the positive benefit of making me seem super nice and friendly.

ReputationRep:

Using an 'x' as a full stop is incredibly moronic. I very rarely use an 'x'... occasionally I'll do 'xoxoxoxoxox' sarcastically, and remember at school doing 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx' occasionally with mates.

I always think the most cringeworthy are the continuous 'xx' or 'xxx', or when a couple try to out-do each other's kissing...

I've only ever done the one 'x', which I'll use self consciously based on the other person if they're doing it. Or occasionally I'll surprise them with one.

(Original post by Motorbiker)
    I never use any. Ever.

I'll say nice things but i don't think to add little lower case versions of the letter x at the end to symbolise kissing her virtually through the phone.

Gf uses them when talking to me though.

My mother doesn't seem to understand at all and now uses an x instead of a full stop every setence on texts/fb messenger etc. :lol:
    Do we have the same mum?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    To my mum - x or xx
    To my bf - xxxxxxxx with some funny or love heart emojis. We have that as a text template so we just click that rather than typing it all out every time lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I send no kisses to friends and with my girlfriend we just hit the x key and send however many appear :P so could be xxxxxxxx or xxx xxxxxxxxxx just depends how long i hold the x key for :P as long as we send 3 or more we are happy
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Numberwang)
    Using an 'x' as a full stop is incredibly moronic.

ReputationRep:
    None, unless I really really like the person. Even then, one per week.

ReputationRep:
    To my mum: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Because if I don't she gets worried about me XD

To my dad: Anywhere between xxx and xxxxxxx depending on what he put :P

To my friends: xx Because that's the best in my opinion.

To other friends: None because they don't see the point.

Other: Usually Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Brother once replied to me a message with x's at the end since he said he'd been sending his gf messages with them and got used to it. :lol:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.