Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pretty Sure I've failed my as-levels HELP PLEASE!!!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    So at the start of the the year I was very motivated to work hard in AS and get good grades to go to UNI But as the year dragged on my work rate deteriorated and I lost all motivation for school, this in turn reflected on my school work, homework etc. I do AS Maths, AS Economics, AS Politics, IB Philosophy and IB English. I left revision to the last day in all my subjects except economics which is the only subject I like. Now I'm quite sure that I got a U in Maths and Probably a D in politics, Economics is the only which i think I achieved my predicted grades. My predicted grades were A in Economics, A in Politics and B in Maths and I was achieving them up until february. I would like to resit the year but my sixth form won't allow me to resit the year and will kick me out. I really F**ked up this year.

PLEASE I NEED HELP AND ADVISE AS TO WHAT MY OPTIONS ARE!!!

Any reply would be much appreciated

I'm dreading results day

ReputationRep:
    Thought about resitting the year at a different college?
    And relax man, if you've failed then you've failed, there's no point in stressing out about it all the way up until results day.
    Most colleges have there staff come in on results days to advise students about their options with the grades they got, so the best help you would get is on results day if it turns out to be as bad as you think.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pankui1)
    So at the start of the the year I was very motivated to work hard in AS and get good grades to go to UNI But as the year dragged on my work rate deteriorated and I lost all motivation for school, this in turn reflected on my school work, homework etc. I do AS Maths, AS Economics, AS Politics, IB Philosophy and IB English. I left revision to the last day in all my subjects except economics which is the only subject I like. Now I'm quite sure that I got a U in Maths and Probably a D in politics, Economics is the only which i think I achieved my predicted grades. My predicted grades were A in Economics, A in Politics and B in Maths and I was achieving them up until february. I would like to resit the year but my sixth form won't allow me to resit the year and will kick me out. I really F**ked up this year.

PLEASE I NEED HELP AND ADVISE AS TO WHAT MY OPTIONS ARE!!!

Any reply would be much appreciated

I'm dreading results day

Sort of same thing happend to me last year, I became apathetic about revision/demotivated the closer I came to the exams. I got ACD at AS level. Was really disappointed with the results as I knew I wasn't fulfilling my potential. Decided to retake two units, one in history and one in economics (the ones I did really poorly in) - worked really hard during A2, as I was determined not to flop again. Now I'm waiting for my A2 results and expecting at least AAB. I'm taking a gap year and hopefully going to apply to kings/bristol - if someone told me I was going to be in this situation after my AS level results day last year, I would of started to laugh.

Re-takes aren't a problem/something to be ashamed of - I have friends who have borderline A's in some of the their exams and are re-taking to boost UMS scores so they can afford to do less well in A2 exams. One of my mates had two B's for his Maths units at AS level, but re-took both of them. Your AS re-takes next year will be a whole month and a bit before the beginning of your A2 exams, so don't stress. Many students re-take just for the sake of it.

Trust me, don't get worked up, watch some movies, enjoy the rest of the summer and prepare to work extra hard next year. if your capable of getting an A in Economics then you are clearly intelligent and have the potential to succeed, but didn't put the work necessary to get the grades you want - so solution is simple, work harder when you start A2's this September.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.