Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I am starting HND Marketing next month and have a few questions. All I know is that

*enrolment dates are between 12-14 Aug

*Block 1 starts on 21 Aug

So I really would like to know when you find out your full timetable as I was told at my interview I would know in mid july ..

More so I would like to know what the common college hours are is it a 9-4 ? ....Im not fussed about half days I just need to know what finishing time usually is for a long day . One of my friends who was at the college 2 years ago said it was 4:15pm . In comparisons to high school hours where the most common finish time is 3:30pm what is it for COGC

Reason I ask this is I was told at my interview that I would know my timetable for my employers. Its more so the finishing time so I know I can get to the store I work at in the city for a straight 4 hour shift.

Also on enrolment does that just last 1 day and is that pretty much registration and receiving a student card or do you get a timetable then ?

All replies will be appreciated thanks

ReputationRep:
    You are likely to receive a timetable on your enrolment day. Either that or college timetables are posted online. You will find out web address on enrolment day. This is so you can check the day before your classes begin as many last minute changes take place (times, lecturers, room allocation etc).

College class hours are 9am until 4.15pm. The majority of courses are now trying to have students in for three days on full timetables. If two days, you will definitely get one day off per week and they try to stick to the same day all throughout the academic year.

Enrolment day is simply filling in online forms, get your picture taken for card and receive/ask information. Due to the volume of people enrolling your card is unlikely to be issued until you return for classes a week or ten days later.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.