Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you think its possible and safe to tweak a personal statement to fit. Biology,marine biology animal biology, conservation biology etc.

Any advice would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeeeeeee)
    Do you think its possible and safe to tweak a personal statement to fit. Biology,marine biology animal biology, conservation biology etc.

Any advice would be much appreciated
    You could possibly do this, although I applied for Zoology and my personal statement would not have been suitable for a non-animal related degree. You would be better off figuring out which area you want to study and apply for five universities with that choice, or similar choices. You could easily apply for Zoology, Animal biology, and Conservation biology for example as they are all related; I wrote a lot about conservation in my Zoology personal statement.

I think you would struggle to make your personal statement fit all of them, I feel you would compromise the quality and your passion for the subject wouldn't come though as much as it would talking about one subject. You want your personal statement to stand out and the university to see that you are passionate about the subject.

ReputationRep:
    So did you get accepted onto a course
    :yes:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I applied for evolutionary anthropology, biological anthropology and bioarchaeology and managed fine, but they're perhaps more closely linked. Can I ask why you want to apply for such a variety?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeeeeeee)
    So did you get accepted onto a course
    :yes:
    Yes I did

ReputationRep:
    Because I live in Scotland and there are few unis that offer one particular course. plus they all interest me.

ReputationRep:
    I had to make mine appropriate for Ecology and Biological Science courses and I managed to avoid getting any rejections so I'd say it's definitely possible.

You don't have to write loads about why that particular course interests you, try and talk about why biology/life sciences in general interest you and maybe give a few specific examples. Other than that try and focus on selling yourself. Your personal statement is more about making universities want you rather than telling them why you want to attend their university.

If you have some relevant and unique work experience don't just briefly mention it. Talk about particular examples of things you experienced and what you gained from them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I see you have also written posts about catering your personal statement for midwifery and biology, perhaps you need to have a good think about what it is that you really want to study. Marine biology and animal biology are rather different from midwifery.

ReputationRep:
    I am no longer wanting to do midwifery. I am definitely a biology person. Maybe later in life xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.