Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cover letter help for Data Entry Assistant Role Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I was applying for a Data Entry Assistant role on a website, not the company's website but a recruitment website, which I refuse to name for personal reasons, however what caught my eye was that they were looking for CRM/Database management, which I don't really have, apart from learning about it at IGCSE IT 4 years ago, but they also said an experience in word/excel is necessary, which I have.

So far this what I typed up as a draft waiting to be submitted..

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am aware of your interest in a Data Entry Assistant as stated on
    [website]([job reference number]), I found this intriguing because this is an opportunity to use my experience to contribute to the progress of your company.

In terms of skills, I have a broad knowledge about using computers and I am very co-ordinative and fast in typing down information. Being organised is also good in this role, I understand that sorting data can be time consuming and can lead to confusion at times, this is why I will be as tactical and careful as I can to ensure that all information is arranged and available when needed.

Personally, I like to arrange things like books on a table or files in computers, especially in order of alphabets or priority, it helps me to know where anything is when needed. Working in the stockroom is also one of my interests; arranging stock and keeping it tidy was the most exciting thing I did in the Oxfam Charity Shop. I also enjoy browsing and finding information to type on MS Words and save for future reference.

In conclusion, it would be essential if I was working as Data Entry Assistant, because the above skills and hobbies are relevant for performing the role successfully.

Please feel free to check my curriculum vitae for further information about me. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours Faithfully,

[1st name] [surname]
    Please help me with suggestions for improvement on this cover letter

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.