Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Masters in Creative Writing. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello.
    So, I've just graduated with a BA in Literature from India. I'm taking a one-year gap now, and plan to enroll for a Masters degree for 2015 in Creative Writing. I've looked at all these top-ranking universities everyone has been mentioning for CW - UEA, Birkbeck, Holloway, Lancaster, Warwick, Machester etc, but most of them seem to get you to choose your stream, or specialize, right from the start.
    I write prose, poetry, everything; I'd like to explore a number of genres and not get stuck with just one for the entire year.
    The unis I've liked thus far are Southampton, Kingston, Exeter, Birmingham, Nottingham and Sussex. Unis with modules like writing for the screen, anything to do with psychology, critical theories, literaturey stuff, have more appeal than unis that only have modules plainly on CW.
    Anyone having any info on the above unis, lemme know. I'd like to gather as much info as I can before starting my application process.
    Also, I'd really like to get a scholarship into any of these unis; UK is **** expensive compared to India x_x I have really good marks; though idk what the procedure of conversion of marks and stuff is..
    Anyhoooooo. Please help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.