Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why do women say that they envy slim women? Watch

ReputationRep:
    women say that they get jelous of other women because they are slim but I dont see why because they can be slim too with a bit of work :/ Theres a girl who has a nice body (as in slim no boobs or anything) and others say they envy her body but she has worked for it. She has health problems etc so I just dont get why they say they envy her, anyone can be slim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by civilstudent)
    women say that they get jelous of other women because they are slim but I dont see why because they can be slim too with a bit of work :/ Theres a girl who has a nice body (as in slim no boobs or anything) and others say they envy her body but she has worked for it. She has health problems etc so I just dont get why they say they envy her, anyone can be slim
    Tell that to my thighs! :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone can be rich too, but people still envy the rich.

Envy isn't about wanting things you can't have, it's about longing for something that someone else has that you want. Attainability is irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freudian Slip)
    Tell that to my thighs! :mad2:

lol.

ReputationRep:
    How old are you...13?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    Anyone can be rich too, but people still envy the rich.

Envy isn't about wanting things you can't have, it's about longing for something that someone else has that you want. Attainability is irrelevant.
    how do i get rich? Im sure its a lot harder than losing weight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ldsbabe)
    How old are you...13?
    what makes you think that? Ask any bodybuilder they will tell you that anyone can be slim if they try to. So what is the point in being jelous?
    Or am i not allowed to point something out without being insulted is that what its about lol

ReputationRep:
    what makes you think that? Ask any bodybuilder they will tell you that anyone can be slim if they try to. So what is the point in being jelous?
    Or am i not allowed to point something out without being insulted is that what its about lol
    You just seem like you have a problem with people who are overweight. Either way, it's an immature view point.

ReputationRep:
    I know that I can be slimmer if I tried a tad harder :teehee:

But when I say I envy somebody's body or something 'tis because it's better than mine :sad: at that moment in time and therefore I am a little jelly which would then motivate me to lay of the chocolate cake and whatnot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ldsbabe)
    You just seem like you have a problem with people who are overweight. Either way, it's an immature view point.
    why is it immature though? By immature you mean its not something that adults tend to think? Tell me whats a mature viewpoint then?

All Im saying is whats the point of complaining and being jelous of others over something which you can control and attain yourself relatively easily? How is this immature?

No problem with overweight people or anyone

ReputationRep:
    how do i get rich? Im sure its a lot harder than losing weight
    Get a high-paying job, start a successfully company, become a high-class prostitute. The world is filled with possibilities.

ReputationRep:
    I envy taller slim women because they can gain a few pounds and it not be noticeable but if I gain a few pounds it's noticeable because I'm so short there is less space for the weight to distribute.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.