Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Australia Internship for recent Info systems graduate..is it worth it ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey all...long time no see

I logged in a few days ago to see the post that I made in 2009 about which uni to choose
    (Brunel was an excellent choice )

anyway I graduated this year with a First in information systems YAY!.

I was thinking about doing an IT Internship in australia to add to my CV and differentiate myself then possibly do a bit of travelling afterwards.

Do you think it is worth the cost as its unpaid? Im not sure how this works really..dont want to be paying money out for really entry level IT work.

and Ive seen looked at a company called Ausjob.co.uk for sourcing an internship, has anyone had dealing with them ?. or could you recommend any other company?

my initial thoughts are that i would like to get experience in areas such as business analysis, enterprise infrastructure and IT project management. I picked aus because Ive wanted to visit there and the working holiday visa cuts off at age 31 so i need to do it this year ideally.

(I have used the search function but not much relevant stuff came up)

thanks very much

ObUk

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.