The Student Room Group

Why can't society accept that women have lower sex drives than men?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The vampire
Not every women does that and most prostitutes do that because they're dependent on drugs etc. They have low self esteem and don't really see themselves as much and therefore wouldn't really respect themselves. If guys weren't disgusting enough to use prostitutes, then they wouldn't even consider it as an option.

Last line :cry2:

Ah so it's men's fault.

Glad we cleared that one up!
And to answer the question, because without 100% concrete, physically viewable proof, a lot of people will not accept that a difference exists between men and women.

The only differences that most people accept are the skin deep ones, size, genitalia etc. Other than that any difference in which women are superior to men are because we are disgusting and vile, whereas any way in which men appear superior to women, it is a sign of the patriarchy.
Original post by cole-slaw
Lets do the maths.

Ask 10,000 women, get 0 truthful replies.

Have relationships with 10 women, get 10 truthful replies.

Which is the bigger number, 10 or 0?

The suggestion that surveys would get no truthful replies is clearly nonsense.
Original post by Chief Wiggum

maybe they get a handful, but if you can't tell which are which, thats as good as useless.
Reply 84
Original post by imtelling
The easiest way to prove this is that there arn't many male prostitutes compared to female ones. There just isn't the demand for them.

What puzzles me is why this should be such a big deal? Whenever someone mentions that men, on average, have higher sex drives than women, it causes outrage.

But why?

Surely it's a good thing that females have lower sex drives. It certainly isn't something to get angry about.

Men and women are biologically different. So why wouldn't this shape behaviour?

Do they? Source please...?
Reply 85
Original post by Chief Wiggum

Don't waste your time with him, chief. Ignore every post he makes, for your own sake.
Original post by FIG2013
Do they? Source please...?

There is a review article here: http://www.carlsonmba.umn.edu/Assets/71520.pdf

Of course due to the social science nature of the research, it relies heavily on self-report. Also, the studies it discusses are quite old now, so I guess more recent research would be useful.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 87
Now this might seem controversial BUT... Perhaps women have a "lower sex drive" because most are unlikely to climax though casual sex.

If paid for full sex, all a female prostitute really has to do is lie there and wait... this wouldn't be the same for a male prostitute with female clients, he'd at least have to hold him self back.

So sex is perhaps most satisfying to men, if it's outside of relationships or hook ups where both people make an effort. Besides, I believe there's a much bigger market for female sex toys than male ones. Female owns a dildo- nothing abnormal there.. male owns a sex doll or box- he must be a pervert!
Not every women does that and most prostitutes do that because they're dependent on drugs etc. They have low self esteem and don't really see themselves as much and therefore wouldn't really respect themselves. If guys weren't disgusting enough to use prostitutes, then they wouldn't even consider it as an option.

That's just a stereotype. Most, who choose to do it, is because it's relatively simple work for massive financial reward.
Original post by Ajibola
That's just a stereotype. Most, who choose to do it, is because it's relatively simple work for massive financial reward.

It's a stereotype for a reason. I don't think many prostitutes have high self esteem. It's degrading. They do it because they need the money quickly, it's not always easy though. It's risky and guys who use prostitutes are usually rough. :frown:
Reply 90
It's a stereotype for a reason. I don't think many prostitutes have high self esteem. It's degrading. They do it because they need the money quickly, it's not always easy though. It's risky and guys who use prostitutes are usually rough. :frown:

You sound like you have the experience.
Original post by AR_95
You sound like you have the experience.

No I haven't :frown:
Reply 92
No I haven't :frown:

So why do you decide to praise certain stereotypes you don't have self knowledge on?
Original post by AR_95
So why do you decide to praise certain stereotypes you don't have self knowledge on?

cba arguing
Reply 94
cba arguing

But you're posting strong opinions on a "debate and current affairs" thread so why do so if you don't want to discuss your opinions? :smile:
The easiest way to prove this is that there arn't many male prostitutes compared to female ones. There just isn't the demand for them.

What puzzles me is why this should be such a big deal? Whenever someone mentions that men, on average, have higher sex drives than women, it causes outrage.

But why?

Surely it's a good thing that females have lower sex drives. It certainly isn't something to get angry about.

Men and women are biologically different. So why wouldn't this shape behaviour?

There's a lower demand for male prostitutes because it is much easier for a woman to get sex.
Actually there have been studies to support that women have higher sex drives than men women just haven't been able to be as sexually free until the past few decades or so.
I have never been able to find a guy who has been able to keep on par with my sex drive never mind exceed it as much as they think they can in theory when it comes to practice they can't.
Everyone is different you can't make an assumption based on gender people have differing sex drives.
Original post by AR_95
But you're posting strong opinions on a "debate and current affairs" thread so why do so if you don't want to discuss your opinions? :smile:

ngl I have thought about it
This is a clever post. A way to bring out all the raging female sex addicts!
Reply 98
Original post by victoriajackson
There's a lower demand for male prostitutes because it is much easier for a woman to get sex.
Actually there have been studies to support that women have higher sex drives than men women just haven't been able to be as sexually free until the past few decades or so.
I have never been able to find a guy who has been able to keep on par with my sex drive never mind exceed it as much as they think they can in theory when it comes to practice they can't.
Everyone is different you can't make an assumption based on gender people have differing sex drives.

You don't have a higher sex drive than me. I would do you up the ass all day while reading the paper.

Women's sex drive always falls short, just like their hunger drive, alcohol drive, drug drive falls short. Women are more sensible than men. Why does this annoy you?

surely it's better to be more stable and sensible than idiotic men??
You don't have a higher sex drive than me. I would do you up the ass all day while reading the paper.

Women's sex drive always falls short, just like their hunger drive, alcohol drive, drug drive falls short. Women are more sensible than men. Why does this annoy you?

surely it's better to be more stable and sensible than idiotic men??

That's what most of them think but in reality no, it's much easier for women to have sex more frequently than men.
It doesn't annoy me you can believe it if you like it doesn't really bother me just letting you know that there is studies to support my claims and not everyone is the same you can't put them in a category because of their sex.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending