Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19 and really need some advice! I've just taken a gap year as I don't really know what career I want to pursue and my grades weren't great. I started off retaking some of my a levels but stopped as I hated going back to school on my own. I continued my year working and then I traveled for a few months. I'm now stuck in the same position I was last year!! Surely I can't take ANOTHER year out?! I really want to actually achieve something this year such as go to uni. My A levels are maths, sociology and art at grades CBB respectively and I didn't reach my full potential. I've been considering a career with animals such as being a vet nurse but I don't have the right a levels! It's a big commitment studying it when I'm unsure still and I'm worried I'll change my mind again!!! I also have a place to study architecture in September, but again I don't think it's very me. Any advice would be much appreciated!
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hello3210)
    I'm 19 and really need some advice! I've just taken a gap year as I don't really know what career I want to pursue and my grades weren't great. I started off retaking some of my a levels but stopped as I hated going back to school on my own. I continued my year working and then I traveled for a few months. I'm now stuck in the same position I was last year!! Surely I can't take ANOTHER year out?! I really want to actually achieve something this year such as go to uni. My A levels are maths, sociology and art at grades CBB respectively and I didn't reach my full potential. I've been considering a career with animals such as being a vet nurse but I don't have the right a levels! It's a big commitment studying it when I'm unsure still and I'm worried I'll change my mind again!!! I also have a place to study architecture in September, but again I don't think it's very me. Any advice would be much appreciated!
    Hiya!

I wrote this the other day - hoping it would help students who are contemplating a second gap year... have a read and let me know if you have any questions

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...=4853-Your-Gap

What have you enjoyed most this year during your year out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She-Ra)
    Hiya!

I wrote this the other day - hoping it would help students who are contemplating a second gap year... have a read and let me know if you have any questions

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...=4853-Your-Gap

What have you enjoyed most this year during your year out?
    Hi! Thank you so much for replying to my post ! Travelling Thailand! I'd love to do it again this year work half the year and travel the rest! I'm worried two years travelling and working won't look great on my CV and I know it sounds a bit stupid but Id feel behind too. If I start uni the following year people around me would be graduating the year after! My parents don't know what I should do either! Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.