Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Women hitting men is not the same Watch

ReputationRep:
    2 reasons :

1. Women's can't do any damage with a slap.

2. Women are basically run by their emotions because of different hormones, chemicals, brain wiring etc (especially during and around periods). Have you noticed how many women start crying when a man hits them or they get hurt somehow? It's natural. Would you blame a child for crying when hurt? Ofc not. This is why boys and girls cry the same until testosterone kicks in and boys stop doing it right after the change. Also why you always hear girls asking why are boys jerks or insensitive.

The only thing that bugs me is that the act itself represents lack of respect for the man but if they feel sorry and they apologize, especially right away, I guess it's all good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StevieA)
    2 reasons :

2. Women are basically run by their emotions because of different hormones, chemicals, brain wiring etc (especially during and around periods). Have you noticed how many women start crying when a man hits them or they get hurt somehow? It's natural. Would you blame a child for crying when hurt? Ofc not. This is why boys and girls cry the same until testosterone kicks in and boys stop doing it right after the change. Also why you always hear girls asking why are boys jerks or insensitive.

The only thing that bugs me is that the act itself represents lack of respect for the man but if they feel sorry and they apologize, especially right away, I guess it's all good.
    Women aren't limited to slapping, you know. They can punch too. Governed by hormones? Are you from the 1960s? I honestly didn't think people were this stupid anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think a girl's reaction to getting slapped is because half of them don't know how to take a slapping (because they are not used to getting hit) whereas most guys are used to that rough and tumble stuff and consequently make less of a deal out of being hit than a girl would.

ReputationRep:
    1) There are different ways to hit as opposed to slapping, and would you say it's acceptable for a man to hit a woman with less than his full force, ie comparable to a woman's force?
    2) women are not children, they can (and should be expected to) control their emotions and not harm others as a result of getting emotional.
    It's the principle. Violence is never the answer.

ReputationRep:
    If my girlfriend slapped me for being a complete idiot to her, I deserved it.

If some random girl in town hit me or slapped me to show off, she'll be going home via the nearest window.

Scenario's play a big part, but all in all, if you're big enough to give it, you're big enough to get it.

ReputationRep:
    mike tyson punching michael cera is much worse than vice-versa: this is simply logic and its the reason why boxers are treated more harshly in GBH cases.
    the same principle applies because an average man is more physically powerful 99.999 percent of all women
    As for mens rights activitists they are probably are mostly latent homosexuals and/or sexually frustrated boys. i actually agree with feminists on that.

ReputationRep:
    2 reasons :

and if the OP takes out his manly, baseball-bat sized penis and hits a poor fragile little woman, then she's entitled to cry and hit him, but should know that her shrill, womanly wailing will never pierce his mantanium hide :rolleyes:

WTF is with this world?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joker12345)
    1) There are different ways to hit as opposed to slapping, and would you say it's acceptable for a man to hit a woman with less than his full force, ie comparable to a woman's force?
    2) women are not children, they can (and should be expected to) control their emotions and not harm others as a result of getting emotional.
    It's the principle. Violence is never the answer.
    1. I was strictly talking about slapping, punching or worse is not acceptable. Also throwing things, sadly very popular with women ugh.

2. I'm not saying they are kids, just that it's harder for them to control themselves especially around their period and during a heated argument. My wife kind of punched me in the shoulder once (but I barely felt it) even though she's the least violent person you could imagine and wouldn't hurt a fly (she's a vegan). I did deserve it though, in fact I probably deserved a lot worse.

Looking down on women for crying a lot more than men is like women complaining about guys because they're rougher and insensitive a lot of the time (even as a guy who's not exactly a choir boy I get uncomfortable with extreme typical male crap sometimes). It's just about understanding and adjusting to the different things the genders differ in (within certain limits, obv).

ReputationRep:
    2 reasons :

- Wow. Wow. Wow.

but if they feel sorry and they apologize, especially right away, I guess it's all good.
    Advocating domestic violence to men? Are we? Would you be saying that if a man hit a woman? Only if they immediately said sorry? then "its all good" Are you being serious? That man would be on his way to prison in 2.5 seconds. I can't believe guys defend when women hit them.
    Feminism has done a great job conditioning you men in believing you can accept being attacked.
    If I had a boyfriend and I dared to physically hurt him like that, I would expect him to retaliate as he would if I was a another guy. Women want equality yet cry "don't hit me I'm just a girl". Totall BS

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.