Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys !
    I don't care about anything as long as I am going to one of the top 100 universities in the world with full scholarship.

I'm Mongolian. I did A-level exams. In AS-level AAC in math, bio and chemistry respectively.
    I'm expecting my A-level grades to be ABC or AAC or even BBC in those 3 subjects. My results will come in this August.

My IELTS score is 7.5. L-7.5 R-8 S-7 W-7

My secondary education certificate grades are all A's excepts B's in physical education and physics.

I'm preparing for SAT I and SAT II ( math, bio, chem and physics ). I will take those exams in October. ( Just in case for American universities )

I don't have extracurricalar activites. I just go to a church and that is it.

What do you think about my grades ?
    Is full scholarship possible ?
    What are best scholarship programs and their deadlines ?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you need a scholarship so bad?

ReputationRep:
    What universities are you considering? Your grades are weak so I doubt you're going to get a full scholarship. I don't mean to be rude but you have eyes bigger than your head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayJay-C19)
    What universities are you considering? Your grades are weak so I doubt you're going to get a full scholarship. I don't mean to be rude but you have eyes bigger than your head.
    A-level result ABC or ABB isn't weak IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    A-level result ABC or ABB isn't weak IMO.
    It is to ask for a full scholarship with.

"top 100 universities in the world with full scholarship,"
    "
    What do you think about my grades ?
    Is full scholarship possible ?
    What are best scholarship programs and their deadlines ?"

I told him what I personally think. Which is what he asked for. I do not believe that admission to one of the top 100 schools with predominantly B's and C's at A-Level will be sufficient. Most applicants having done a-levels will surely have four AS Levels. That is the first weakness. Many American Colleges are in the top 100, lack of extra-curriculars means he's weak for these too. Then, he would like a full scholarship and as an International student, it's only really the Ivies that offer decent aid packages like that for International students and that makes competition even harder for him and with the lack of extracurriculars and A's in his subjects, he's going to be weak. I do agree, that his grades are good especially for a person who clearly didn't learn English as a first language. However, I will be honest and say I believe he has eyes bigger than his head because a lot is going to disadvantage him in competition for those top schools. I'm not saying he won't get into one but his chances are significantly lower, clearly. "IMO".

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.