The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mwatters
It looks to be that if people are getting predicted a number of A*s then they're being given a really high offer. What grades were you predicted?

I got predicted AAA in maths economics and biology. Wbu? I was still surprised at my offer though, was expecting more along the lines of AAA.
Original post by gameofthrones1
I got predicted AAA in maths economics and biology. Wbu? I was still surprised at my offer though, was expecting more along the lines of AAA.

I've been predicted 4A*s so their offer isn't wildly unfair, it's just made it pretty much impossible to now use as an insurance place so Exeter have kind of just pushed me away lol
Reply 882
Exeter's stance seems strange to me. Surely they would want to attract the best candidates but by offering those candidates high offers, they are pushing them away. They must know the unis they are competing with for the top students and by giving offers that are higher than those unis then they are completely pricing themselves out of the market. Unless they just don't want to be used as an insurance by the top candidates but they are not giving themselves any hope of attracting the best students.

Completely different approach to say Birmingham who give out unconditionals to try and attract the top students by making their life easier
Reply 883
Original post by magnetic19
Yeah i emailed my head of sixth form and he said we will call tomorrow. Ill post what they say

make sure you put the reply on here!
Original post by sr-96
What unis are you thinking?:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

KCL,UCL,Manchester,Leeds,Birmingham,Warwick,Bath and Bristol
Original post by a320airbus97
I'm doing Maths and Physics too! I know it must be difficult to decide which universities to apply to with your predicted grades, so if I were you, I would apply for 2 A*AA, 2 AAA, 1 AAB as A*A*B is the equivalent to A*AA.

Ah cheers!
Reply 886
Does anybody know roughly when I should expect a decision from LSE/UCL if I applied last monday?
Reply 887
Original post by Skill Twix

Sounds good:smile: Bristol give out contexual offers to people who come from bad schools so check if you meet the criteria as it may come in handy! a*a*b is really good just make sure you have a cracking personal statement! Good luck:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JPD96
Does anybody know roughly when I should expect a decision from LSE/UCL if I applied last monday?

Ngl mate, don't expect a response before February
Got an offer from Queen Mary yesterday :biggrin:

8 unis lol?
Was going to apply to Exeter, glad I didn't!
Reply 892
Original post by groovyd97
8 unis lol?

I think hes going to pick 4 out of them:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BubblyKYP
Got an offer from Queen Mary yesterday :biggrin:

Congratulations! When did you apply?:smile:
after reading this stuff about people getting A*A*A offers I'm really worried since I'm predicted 3 A*'s... should I have got my school to predict me lower?
Original post by liamc1997
after reading this stuff about people getting A*A*A offers I'm really worried since I'm predicted 3 A*'s... should I have got my school to predict me lower?

If you've been predicted 3A*s then you should have no problem getting 2A*s, although it depends how lenient your school are.
Original post by groovyd97
8 unis lol?

This is just a shortlist :biggrin:
Original post by danialani_
Congratulations! When did you apply?:smile:

Thank you! :smile: my application got sent off on 17th October
Original post by sr-96
Sounds good:smile: Bristol give out contexual offers to people who come from bad schools so check if you meet the criteria as it may come in handy! a*a*b is really good just make sure you have a cracking personal statement! Good luck:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well our school didn't do that well in AS levels.Less than 5% of the students got A's at AS levels.I'd be happy if they give me an offer.I can still push that B to an A.Hence,I am applying after my first term internal exams.
Reply 899
Well our school didn't do that well in AS levels.Less than 5% of the students got A's at AS levels.I'd be happy if they give me an offer.I can still push that B to an A.Hence,I am applying after my first term internal exams.

Exactly:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest