The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jchap9776
Ah sick, well done mate! What was the magic ingredient for your personal statement then?

To be honest I took a risk which clearly paid off by including various extra-curricular activities that I have undertaken in the past two years. (E.g. Piano grade 7, u18 national front crawl champions runner up, gold duke of Edinburgh)
I knew I would differentiate myself from the competition by doing this, and it has worked out for me!
Hope your personal statement is great too! :smile:
Original post by benpeters
To be honest I took a risk which clearly paid off by including various extra-curricular activities that I have undertaken in the past two years. (E.g. Piano grade 7, u18 national front crawl champions runner up, gold duke of Edinburgh)
I knew I would differentiate myself from the competition by doing this, and it has worked out for me!
Hope your personal statement is great too! :smile:

Ah fair, mine is basically economics stuff, what are your stats like? :smile:
Ah fair, mine is basically economics stuff, what are your stats like? :smile:

Maths - 100%
Further Maths - 95%
Economics - 97%
History - 96%
What are the chances of getting into UCL without further maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Follett
What are the chances of getting into UCL without further maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The same as it would be with FM. They're honestly not that fussed about it like other unis.
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
The same as it would be with FM. They're honestly not that fussed about it like other unis.

Ok cool, thanks, that's reassuring

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths - 100%
Further Maths - 95%
Economics - 97%
History - 96%

Nice
maths 100%
further maths 93%
econ 96%
history 94%
Nice
maths 100%
further maths 93%
econ 96%
history 94%

you'll be lucky to get in with that- they're not that high tbh :frown: hope your PS is good enough to make up for them
Reply 1468
you'll be lucky to get in with that- they're not that high tbh :frown: hope your PS is good enough to make up for them

His scores are very impressive and Cambridge actually don't really care about the PS:lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr-96
His scores are very impressive and Cambridge actually don't really care about the PS:lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! This is why I'm leaning towards LSE...
Reply 1470

Why are you leaning towards LSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr-96

Posted from TSR Mobile

They don't really need to care about your PS since they can access how much you care about the subject at interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1472
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
They don't really need to care about your PS since they can access how much you care about the subject at interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly, that's what I thought:tongue:
unconditional offer from Birmingham ehehehehehe 🎉🎉
Original post by danialani_
unconditional offer from Birmingham ehehehehehe

Well done!
Original post by Skill Twix
Well done!

thank you!!!

Can't believe you just said that; his UMS scores are well, well above average. If he can demonstrate his passion for the subject in the interview he has every chance of getting a place.
Original post by liamc1997
Can't believe you just said that; his UMS scores are well, well above average. If he can demonstrate his passion for the subject in the interview he has every chance of getting a place.

I reckon he might have been joking...

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're great grades. People get into Cambridge with much lower than that. You're on for 560 ucas points which is above average

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Follett
They're great grades. People get into Cambridge with much lower than that. You're on for 560 ucas points which is above average

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do UCAS points really matter?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending