The Student Room Group

Would you: save the last female lion in the world or a loved one?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Birkenhead
There's so much wrong with this. Carnivores need meat and in the wild this requires hunting. Or are you expecting them to make use of complimentary buffets situated at intervals in the savannah and elsewhere?

I thought it would be obvious that they require hunting - this is what I was referring to when I said they must actively inflict injury on other animals.

The idea that animals are not worth saving because they have miserable lives and hunt each other is also nonsensical because our ecosystem is a delicate thing and taking out too many pieces would ultimately cause humans misery.

I think this sentence is the greater nonsense. If there was only one female lion left in the world, lions' role in the ecosystem would have been all but wiped out already.

There's also something careless about not wanting to preserve life; not only does each life form have its own value but there are things we can learn in research from other living animals that can benefit humans in many areas.

I wouldn't choose the lion here but your post was crazy.

If preserving life means being complicit in its enduring suffering then I think I would rather accept the criticism of carelessness.
If there were only one lionness left, lions would be functionally extinct. Lions rule, but then I'd save my own family.
Same thing either way. Prime time to repopulate tho nomsayin

pic related: me

Original post by Captain Jack
Has there actually been a programme that's successfully cloned extinct animals?

Haven't you seen Jurassic Park?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending