Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any postgrad students coming with families available for some advice?

I was told that I had to inform the school 14 days prior to my arrival date and, only then, will they confirm whether there is school accommodation for me. Is this indicative that my chances of securing school accommodation are slim? And is this typical?

I find this really disconcerting as I wouldn't know the status of my accommodation until 2 weeks before my arrival in Sheffield.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaypeekaypee)
    Any postgrad students coming with families available for some advice?

I was told that I had to inform the school 14 days prior to my arrival date and, only then, will they confirm whether there is school accommodation for me. Is this indicative that my chances of securing school accommodation are slim? And is this typical?

I find this really disconcerting as I wouldn't know the status of my accommodation until 2 weeks before my arrival in Sheffield.
    Hi,

I assume from your post that you have already applied for your accommodation?

Under normal circumstances I would suggest contacting the Accommodation Team about this, but as it says on the website that you have to contact them 14 days before your arrive (and that they can only give general advice before then), I'm not sure this would be all that beneficial for you. You could always get in touch to see if they could offer you some assurance (how many applications they've had, how likely it is that you will be allocated etc) - that might put your mind more at ease, at the very least. Their email address is [email protected] .uk.

Sorry I can't offer you more help at this time.

Best wishes,

Georgie, Student Communications Team at the University of Sheffield

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.