Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Just wondering for anyone that had the induction day at asda, did you go in casual wear? I've already got the job.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Have you gone to the induction yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    nah not till tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wiserommer)
    nah not till tomorrow
    Did they send you an email about the induction or did they call you? I'm still waiting to hear about my induction

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rudebirdy)
    Did they send you an email about the induction or did they call you? I'm still waiting to hear about my induction

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, i was told at the interview there would be an induction on a set date. However, I've also heard they do phone calls.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, i was told at the interview there would be an induction on a set date. However, I've also heard they do phone calls.
    agh okay, I might call my territory manager tomorrow then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well done! no need to worry when its induction because you're their to learn during that day and probably days. I'm so desperate for a job. Been unemployed for well over a year hehehe...wish me luck!

ReputationRep:
    This may be a bit late, but smart casual is always the best thing to wear if you're not sure. Induction is mainly sitting in a training room and going through a lot of paper work so make sure whatever you wear is comfortable if I am late in answering this, sorry but I hope it went well and congrats on the job: welcome to the team

ReputationRep:
    a little late but all went fine, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Haha sorry

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i have got a induction day soon, any advice on what to wear and what it's like? (I've already got the jobs) Thanks
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cammuir)
    Hi, i have got a induction day soon, any advice on what to wear and what it's like? (I've already got the jobs) Thanks
    Hey, I've been working for Asda for 2 years. Personally I would wear smart - it gives a good impression, plus you'll be changed into Asda uniform pretty soonish so it won't matter for too long!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beanstalkgirl_24)
    Hey, I've been working for Asda for 2 years. Personally I would wear smart - it gives a good impression, plus you'll be changed into Asda uniform pretty soonish so it won't matter for too long!
    Thanks for the reply, do you think they will pay me for training? I don't mind if they don't I'm just wondering Thank you
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cammuir)
    Thanks for the reply, do you think they will pay me for training? I don't mind if they don't I'm just wondering Thank you
    Yes, you'll definitely get paid for training - the induction is called the "Best Welcome". It's a bit boring and full of legal stuff (I did so many signatures on one page it was crazy...) but hey, you're getting paid to sit in a room...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beanstalkgirl_24)
    Yes, you'll definitely get paid for training - the induction is called the "Best Welcome". It's a bit boring and full of legal stuff (I did so many signatures on one page it was crazy...) but hey, you're getting paid to sit in a room...
    Oh brilliant, Thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have an induction for a new store tomorrow. It is being held at some offices in my town centre as the store is not due to open for a few weeks. What does the induction involve and how long does it last? I have been told it's 9-5 but surely it can't take that long to fill in paperwork haha. Thanks a lot.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 12, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.