Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New Movie: Dear White People.... Oct. 17th 2014 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait.....

• PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Wow, bit provocative? I'm all for challenging the established tropes in films but come on, don't make it out like all white people are involved in some evil plot and don't recognise the problem.

ReputationRep:
    Nice idea for a film but that trailer looks terrible.

ReputationRep:
    Actually looks worth watching but alot of people are going to misunderstand it lol.

Inb4 white opressed males.

ReputationRep:
    The name of this gives you the wrong impression.......... although I suppose it's supposed to do that.

As someone else said going by the advert, it doesn't look funny. Bad acting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    Wow, bit provocative? I'm all for challenging the established tropes in films but come on, don't make it out like all white people are involved in some evil plot and don't recognise the problem.
    That was my first impression too, but it's evident from the full trailer (below) that this film is not about white bashing. Among other things, I think it might be satirising the extreme social justice warrior position. This might be interesting.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.