Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So now that more than 4 weeks have passed since I have been at sainsbury's, I have to give a 4 week notice before I leave but I need to resit my university exams and I want to leave early. I dont care about the references as I have had plenty of jobs in the past who will give an excellent reference.

Sainsbury's was just meant to be a summer job. So if I quit now can they take me to court ? I know theyre not gonna give a good reference but if I dont put them down as a reference on my CV there is no other way for future employers to contact them right ?

Also I am still on probation. Anyone been in such situation before, if so what happened ?

ReputationRep:
    That must have been a really big shop

ReputationRep:
    Lol no they won't take you to court. The worst they will do is give you a bad reference and if you're on a wage you may have to forfeit a couple weeks wages if that's what it says on your contract.

ReputationRep:
    Someone's been a naughty boy :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Last Day Lepers)
    Lol no they won't take you to court. The worst they will do is give you a bad reference and if you're on a wage you may have to forfeit a couple weeks wages if that's what it says on your contract.
    But is there a way for other employers to find out that I have ever worked for sainsburys if I dont put it down on my CV ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisblu)
    But is there a way for other employers to find out that I have ever worked for sainsburys if I dont put it down on my CV ?
    Unless the hire a private investigator or go to some sort of extreme lengths to find out then no.

ReputationRep:
    Unless the hire a private investigator or go to some sort of extreme lengths to find out then no.
    lol thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Also do you think they can hold my payment due to breach of contract ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisblu)
    Also do you think they can hold my payment due to breach of contract ?

Well it depends on your contract. Sometimes part of the agreement is when you leave you need to give minimum so many weeks notice or else you will you have to forfeit your next coming wage. However, this usually on applies to people on a wage contract/full time workers. I doubt your job will have that clause in your contract.

If you haven't worked there a suffice amount of time though you will probably lose your holiday pay.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.