Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I have an conditional offer for chemistry at the university of nottingham through extra and I want to see if it can be changed to a different course (different subject) but the admissions tutor for this department is on holiday until after the ucas extra deadline is passed.

So if I firm/accept my chemistry offer is it possible for it to be changed to the course I want to do at that university if places are available?

Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone answer my question please, the deadline is tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madmadmax321)
    Can anyone answer my question please, the deadline is tomorrow
    Absolutely no one can answer this with any accuracy except the university itself, I'm afraid, and anyone who claims otherwise would be leading you up the garden path.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carnationlilyrose)
    Absolutely no one can answer this with any accuracy except the university itself, I'm afraid, and anyone who claims otherwise would be leading you up the garden path.
    how can no one answer this?

all I want to know is if UCAS will allow a course change at the same university after firming another course at the same university before the extra deadline and changing it after the deadline for accepting offers from unis

I know that no one can tell me if the uni will give me an offer but thats not im asking

Thanks for any help you can give

ReputationRep:
    how can no one answer this?

all I want to know is if UCAS will allow a course change at the same university after firming another course at the same university before the extra deadline and changing it after the deadline for accepting offers from unis

I know that no one can tell me if the uni will give me an offer but thats not im asking
    Because it isn't up to Ucas, it's up to the university. Ucas is only the postman. If the university say you can do this, they will notify Ucas accordingly, but no one on here is a representative of the university, so we can't say if there are spaces or if the university will accept you onto a new course. It isn't any part of Ucas's role to make decisions. It's the university alone, and you have told us that the person who can make the decision is unavailable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carnationlilyrose)
    Because it isn't up to Ucas, it's up to the university. Ucas is only the postman. If the university say you can do this, they will notify Ucas accordingly, but no one on here is a representative of the university, so we can't say if there are spaces or if the university will accept you onto a new course. It isn't any part of Ucas's role to make decisions. It's the university alone, and you have told us that the person who can make the decision is unavailable.
    thats not what i'm asking :mad:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    You're asking if you'll need an umbrella tomorrow, and carnationlilyrose is explaining that we can't say for certain what the weather will be like where you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It is possible if they will let you. We don't know if they will let you. OK?

ReputationRep:
    If you know that already, why ask? Don't get angry because we can't speak for the university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I changed my course a month ago. I emailed the tutor from my original course and she forwarded it to the admissions team who changed it for me. They informed ucas! If the course admissions tutor isnt available maybe phone the uni admissions team and see what they can tell you! It can be done but ring them asap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.