Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anybody else dislike university Watch

ReputationRep:
    I really do not enjoy university. I live for the holidays I absoloutly hate everything about it. Im going into my final year in September and I just dreading it. Does anybody else dislike it? I feel like everybody loves it and says how amazing it is and theres me wishing I could leave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyMilly)
    I really do not enjoy university. I live for the holidays I absoloutly hate everything about it. Im going into my final year in September and I just dreading it. Does anybody else dislike it? I feel like everybody loves it and says how amazing it is and theres me wishing I could leave
    Meh I'm pretty indifferent about it. I agree though, everyone is going on about how amazing it is and I'm just like :indiff: Always looking forward to the holidays though. I don't really like the stress.

ReputationRep:
    Hope I'm not like this when I go. That's really sad.

ReputationRep:
    I just find people at university really judgemental and I just don't fit in at all. But then I feel worse as everybody seems to be having an amazing time, there all saying they cant wait to go back in September and im dreading it.

ReputationRep:
    I just find people at university really judgemental and I just don't fit in at all. But then I feel worse as everybody seems to be having an amazing time, there all saying they cant wait to go back in September and im dreading it.
    Have you tried joining societies?

ReputationRep:
    For people uni could be the best and worst part of life. It prepares you for the world and to deal with pressure situations. It's not just about enjoying the place.

ReputationRep:
    you could drop out

ReputationRep:
    there all saying they cant wait to go back in September and im dreading it.
    I can't wait to go back in September :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Have you tried joining societies?
    OP, this. That's what I'm hoping to do when I go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruffiio)
    I can't wait to go back in September :cool:
    You're making her feel worse m8

(Original post by ChrisLay1)
    OP, this. That's what I'm hoping to do when I go.
    Same. Im starting in sept. I hope i dont have a crap time too

ReputationRep:
    You're making her feel worse m8

Same. Im starting in sept. I hope i dont have a crap time too
    So what are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    So what are you studying?
    Psychology you?

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I get this a lot. It's strange, because I love my subject more than I ever imagined I would, and I've done some really awesome things since I've started. However, I have so few friends within the university itself and spend most of my time feeling lonely, so I can hardly regard it as a positive experience. I don't think I went at the right time in life - should have taken a gap year and grown up a little before I did. Still, two more years and with any luck I'll come out with a decent degree and then move on with my life.

(And it's nothing to do with joining societies - I've been a member of almost 10 this year, and have exec roles in two next year. I've just failed to form any close friendships through them)

ReputationRep:
    Psychology you?
    Applied computing. I'm hoping to get more involved in Uni although I'm not into clubbing etc.

ReputationRep:
    Applied computing. I'm hoping to get more involved in Uni although I'm not into clubbing etc.
    Im not into clubbing/drinking (for personal reasons) either but i really hope to branch out and get out of my introverted comfort zone!

ReputationRep:
    God I love university...

ReputationRep:
    Im not into clubbing/drinking (for personal reasons) either but i really hope to branch out and get out of my introverted comfort zone!
    Same here! Hoping to do that through societies. Is that you in your profile pic? You don't strike me as someone who would be introverted

ReputationRep:
    I didn't particularly enjoy it. The course was really good, but I just preferred my life back home. Made some good mates at uni, but did dread going back after the holidays.

ReputationRep:
    Introvert? You don't seem like one on TSR loooooool, wow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnharM)
    Introvert? You don't seem like one on TSR loooooool, wow
    People can be so different online though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.