Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently a year 12 student looking to study English Literature and History at uni. My three favourite universities are Glasgow, Newcastle and Edinburgh; I've visited Glasgow and Newcastle and I'm set to see Edinburgh in September. For me, I think that Glasgow had the slight edge on Newcastle and I think that Glasgow may very well be my first choice, but I would still like to hear any other opinions. I'm particularly interested in what it's like to study those subjects at the above unis, what the student life is like, what the city is like to live in, how easy it was to make friends, the reputation of the unis and the accommodation.

I should also add that I'll also be applying to Leeds and Aberdeen, but that the above three unis are my favourites. Also, I'm drawn to the Scottish unis because I will be able to study politics in my first two years and the degree system seems more flexible, so that is a factor as well.

Thank you in advance - any advice would be great!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.