Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My University lost one of my second year papers help Watch

ReputationRep:
    My results came out and I apparently got a 3rd and failed Land law and was on 48%. I have had M.E this year and missed two terms of university so I didn't expect to do well at all but I know that I did do better than 20% on my land law paper.

The paper consisted of a Part A and a Part B. Part A was on the on topic I didn't revise and was worth 40 marks so I literally wrote rubbish on Part A as I knew hardly anything. The other three questions were worth 20 marks each. I feel that I did ok on these and that I knew the answers.

I phoned the university and said I felt I did a lot better than 20% when I was told I only did part A of the paper. I sat the whole entire paper but according to the university I didndt. Its basically appears that my part B of my paper has been lost. The uni wont accept responsibility they have just said sorry if it is their fault but we cant establish this. I apparently got 50% on my part A so they said they would give me that. I argued that I know I did better on my part B. Also the essay I did this year although it wasn't assessed was 65% and I was on track for a 2:1.

They refused to give me any higher than 52% giving me a 2:2 of 58% overall. Im just wondering if I attempt to apply for vac schemes this summer can I mention that this happened therefore although I was predicted a 2:1 I ended up with a 2:2: beucase of this. THe uni have said next year if I get 59% due to my crap land law mark this year they will boost me up to a 2:1 which im overly grateful for but im just wondering now I have a 2:2 is there any point of applying for a vac scheme.

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused. Are you saying you got a 2:2 in that subject, or for your whole first year?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.