Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Just coming back from the gym and I covered 84km in 3hrs (28km/h), non stop. Depending on where you start, this would be the distance between London and Cambridge.

Just need opinions and views on the time, is it decent? This is the first time I did something like this. I was meant to stop at 1hr....

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    What was it on an exercise bike? If so what type of exercise bike, was it a wattbike or other form of professional cycle erg trainer or was it just a generic exercise bike?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Last Day Lepers)
    What was it on an exercise bike? If so what type of exercise bike, was it a wattbike or other form of professional cycle erg trainer or was it just a generic exercise bike?
    Foreign language to me lol, thats how often I use them...

It was this

http://www.technogym.com/gb/products...te-+/bike/2693

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincePauper)
    Foreign language to me lol, thats how often I use them...

It was this

http://www.technogym.com/gb/products...te-+/bike/2693

Yeah it's just s generic exercise bike.

Your time was pretty average then.

The reason I asked is that on pro exercise bikes it more mimics the feel of actually cycling i.e. the resistance. Had you cycled on the road at this pace it would be pretty good, equally on an erg cycle bike it would be half decent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Last Day Lepers)
    Yeah it's just s generic exercise bike.

Your time was pretty average then.

The reason I asked is that on pro exercise bikes it more mimics the feel of actually cycling i.e. the resistance. Had you cycled on the road at this pace it would be pretty good, equally on an erg cycle bike it would be half decent.
    Ahh tnx. Had dreams of joining team sky. Shattered

ReputationRep:
    Ahh tnx. Had dreams of joining team sky. Shattered

Lol, I never said it was bad.

ReputationRep:
    Did the exercise bike have a power reading? That is really the only way to compare real cycling and on a exercise bike. Still kudos to you for sitting on an exercise bike for 3hrs, must have been super boring!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattBerry96)
    Did the exercise bike have a power reading? That is really the only way to compare real cycling and on a exercise bike. Still kudos to you for sitting on an exercise bike for 3hrs, must have been super boring!!
    Yeh power was around 66-72 Watts I believe.

Wasnt too bad, just had to set myself numerous and different targets in terms of time, calories and distance

ReputationRep:
    Yeh power was around 66-72 Watts I believe.

Wasnt too bad, just had to set myself numerous and different targets in terms of time, calories and distance
    You would expect to average around 165-200 watts on a 85km ride at 28kmh. In my experience, the watts produced on exercise bikes tends to be a lot lower than on a proper bike. If you want a proper gauge of your cycling fitness, why not just ride 80km?

I suppose if you have a focus to the workout it always helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattBerry96)
    You would expect to average around 165-200 watts on a 85km ride at 28kmh. In my experience, the watts produced on exercise bikes tends to be a lot lower than on a proper bike. If you want a proper gauge of your cycling fitness, why not just ride 80km?

I suppose if you have a focus to the workout it always helps
    Oh no, I am not into cycling, was just cardio day.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.