Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else had this problem? I was accepted for Disabled Students Allowance funded by the NHS and they said I would get the money on the next available payment date. After a few weeks I emailed to see when this would be and have now been told it will not be until September when I have registered at Uni. The problem being I need tuition on how to use the equipment and will now not have it for the start of the course.

Is everyone in the same boat? Can I appeal this?

I do know I am very lucky to have been granted this in the first place and dont want to appear ungrateful

ReputationRep:
    Funding bodies can do this to ensure students actually start the course before handing out equipment etc. Its something SFE don't do due to the numbers of students they support and logistics involved in delivering all the kit from September. If there is anything in your submitted evidence which suggests you need to get use to the equipment then you could use this?

In the DSA regulations: If a student accepts DSA equipment and then doesn't start the course, the cost of that equipment is set as an overpayment on the students finance. There is no mechanism for returning equipment.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.