ReputationRep:
    I'm studying... Medicine

I'm interested in... Medicine!
    OITNB, AHS, films, Netflix, archery, fashion...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lamyers1)
    I'm studying... Medicine

I'm interested in... Medicine!
    OITNB, AHS, films, Netflix, archery, fashion...
    Hi there! How are you? Welcome to

How are you finding your course? Where are you studying Medicine? I'm going to be studying Medicine at Leicester Uni starting this September.

You might want to check out our Medicine forum. You might find it helpful, especially the Current Medical Students and Doctors section.

Hope you enjoy your time on TSR. If you need help finding anything quote me here and I'll be happy to help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minhle20)
    Hi there! How are you? Welcome to

How are you finding your course? Where are you studying Medicine? I'm going to be studying Medicine at Leicester Uni starting this September.

You might want to check out our Medicine forum. You might find it helpful, especially the Current Medical Students and Doctors section.

Hope you enjoy your time on TSR. If you need help finding anything quote me here and I'll be happy to help
    I start in September as well, Leicester university!

This is my second time applying though, have already studied biomedical science up in Sheffield for a year, but medicine is my calling.

ReputationRep:
    I start in September as well, Leicester university!

This is my second time applying though, have already studied biomedical science up in Sheffield for a year, but medicine is my calling.
    Man small world!

I'm the same as you. This is my second time applying, but I took a gap year instead of going to uni. Doing biomedical science for a year might come in handy...

How are you feeling about the course? Do you think it's weird our course starts a week before the rest of the uni?

ReputationRep:
    I got freshers out of my system for one, so that will definitely help!

I'm excited but nervous about the work-load, really looking forward to dissection and clinical skills especially.

It's slightly strange, but seeing as we're going to be all together for the next 5 years where most people will have left, it's probably a good thing to have some intensive get-to-know-eachother before uni starts properly!

ReputationRep:
    I got freshers out of my system for one, so that will definitely help!

I'm excited but nervous about the work-load, really looking forward to dissection and clinical skills especially.

It's slightly strange, but seeing as we're going to be all together for the next 5 years where most people will have left, it's probably a good thing to have some intensive get-to-know-eachother before uni starts properly!
    Haha yeah that is a major advantage! I seriously doubt I have the stamina to last the whole of freshers!

I'm really looking forward to starting the course as well, although slightly apprehensive about the workload, especially having taken a year out of education.

I suppose the week is a good way to get to know everyone and build up the camaraderie between us. Although I'm not quite sure how the accommodation is going to work though. In a letter they sent a month ago they said we're going to be staying in the hall we have for the year but I've heard nothing off them since. We still have a few weeks left anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I'd assume we'll get a truckload of info after results day is over and people are confirmed a place. I feel like I want more stuff from them but forget that loads of people still don't know whether they're going! I don't miss all that waiting and suspense...

ReputationRep:
    I'd assume we'll get a truckload of info after results day is over and people are confirmed a place. I feel like I want more stuff from them but forget that loads of people still don't know whether they're going! I don't miss all that waiting and suspense...
    Yeah that seems logical. I'm the same as well; I'm really really eager to start, but I forget that loads of people are still in year 13 and have to wait until results day. It must be so nerve wracking...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.