Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm staying in Glaslyn again next year, too good to leave.

Whose my new flat friends? I'm 215.

plus ill be second year Law, so ask anything you want

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    I'll be living there too room 201

ReputationRep:
    I'll be there too- I can't remember which room I'm in though.

ReputationRep:
    @Mel2812 Did you find any difficulties with payment? I mean is there very hard to find a job and earn that 115 weekly? Actually even a little bit more because of living cost? And maybe you can say something about Glaslyn? How it looks like etc?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Glaslyn too, room 221!

ReputationRep:
    i'm in 423☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mel2812)

xxxx
    i just booked mine for second year too! im in room 216 im sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mel2812)

xxxx
    hi Mel been offer place at Bangor doing law did you enjoy your 1st year? also hope you don't mind me asking is Bangor a social uni to go to and which are the best halls as I am now 20 and would prefer to be will students of a similar age

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubbly123)
    hi Mel been offer place at Bangor doing law did you enjoy your 1st year? also hope you don't mind me asking is Bangor a social uni to go to and which are the best halls as I am now 20 and would prefer to be will students of a similar age
    Hey, sorry I am not Mel :P I've just done my 1st year in LLB Law at Bangor, but I did one year of Criminology. I can tell you for sure that the halls here are all the same (almost). I'm 22(almost), sooo it is hardly you'll get into halls with people within the same age group, BUT as the Halls Office says they've reserved halls like Glaslyn and some others for 2nd and 3rd year students, so 1st years might be places into other hall since they're guaranteed a place. As for social, it really depends on what kind of people surround you and for else you will find what to do( just make sure you don't follow the peer pressure of trying to drink and smoke trying to look more approachable and cool ) . The town itself is small(compared to where I come from it's tiny ), but I met here awesome friends, this uni is very international (I'm international myself ), but so far I am having great fun,however there are ****ty days like when you think OH MY GOD, WHY DID I CHOOSE BANGOR, SOOOO BORING but then you meet with friends. Like it's okay. Loads of freaking mountains though I'm moving into Glaslyn next years because pvt landlords here are crap :/ So best of luck with making a decision :P Oh yeah and tons of different societies here, nice scenery, no cinema though the closest one is 20 mins away by train...bit of a disadvantage, but in the end you get used to everything as your primary aim should be studying...as they say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Russkii)
    Hey, sorry I am not Mel :P I've just done my 1st year in LLB Law at Bangor, but I did one year of Criminology. I can tell you for sure that the halls here are all the same (almost). I'm 22(almost), sooo it is hardly you'll get into halls with people within the same age group, BUT as the Halls Office says they've reserved halls like Glaslyn and some others for 2nd and 3rd year students, so 1st years might be places into other hall since they're guaranteed a place. As for social, it really depends on what kind of people surround you and for else you will find what to do( just make sure you don't follow the peer pressure of trying to drink and smoke trying to look more approachable and cool ) . The town itself is small(compared to where I come from it's tiny ), but I met here awesome friends, this uni is very international (I'm international myself ), but so far I am having great fun,however there are ****ty days like when you think OH MY GOD, WHY DID I CHOOSE BANGOR, SOOOO BORING but then you meet with friends. Like it's okay. Loads of freaking mountains though I'm moving into Glaslyn next years because pvt landlords here are crap :/ So best of luck with making a decision :P Oh yeah and tons of different societies here, nice scenery, no cinema though the closest one is 20 mins away by train...bit of a disadvantage, but in the end you get used to everything as your primary aim should be studying...as they say
    thanks that helpful was worried about bangor being to small might need to get myself some walking boots for the mountains

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Russkii)
    Russkii
    Yo

I've been in Glaslyn this year too and Russkii is right they have Glaslyn down as a place where you can stay in 2nd and 3rd year. Because I went through the process of booking my place in Glaslyn again for 2nd year I got a sneak peak at how they're doing it.

From what I saw they were allowing 2 rooms per floor to be given to 2nd or 3rd years. So it is possible that you're not moving in with a full flat of freshers.

Bangor is really what you make it. If you surround yourself with friends then it can be an absolute blast, and if you don't then it can get really frustrating because you should.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.