The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

blondemoment
ooo ive been on define and although "pull" can mean to cancel its also means....

"Pull" refers to content delivered to the user upon request- that ud make sense

or

To request data

see, you learn somthing new every day!

:confused: So you do? What a stupid use of the word! ah well, not that it matters I'll have probably forgot this time next week :p:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 41
Hmmmmmmmmm, maybe it's in Scottish (grabs scottish -> English Dictionary) :p:
Steeeeevo
:confused: So you do? What a stupid use of the word! ah well, not that it matters I'll have probably forgot this time next week :p:

lol same, i'm taking it to mean i have accom and they are dealing with it. if not its their fault now for not being explicit IMO
thank you air mail! >I< now have a pack.
Reply 44
Hannah is that a welcome pack or accomodation?
welcome pack! but its something lol. im so easily pleased. i hope for accom on monday!
Reply 46
lol im the same, i like the letters with the St Andrews stamp coming through my door! I was hoping for accom today as someone else said it came a day after but it didnt for me and as theres no post on Sundays so now I am also hoping that it will come on Monday :smile:
sorry to break it to you but monday is bank holiday :s-smilie:
a-woo-hoo-hoo got my accomodation pack yesterday. I'm into Sallies :biggrin: I just hope I don't get a crazy room mate.... :redface:
ah i'm sooo jealous!!well done vicious circle!
Reply 50
Lol i noticed thats its bank holiday last night! I am not amused that i have to wait one more day. It better come on tuesday. And yes im jealous too! And Sallies, thats a fav
Froddo
Lol i noticed thats its bank holiday last night! I am not amused that i have to wait one more day. It better come on tuesday. And yes im jealous too! And Sallies, thats a fav

Good things come to those who wait, patience is a virtue and other such clichés. :rolleyes:

What did you request for a room? I said single en-suite and still ended up with a shared standard in Sallies. Although I filled out the form before reading up on the halls and then once it was sent, I was like 'Noooo I'm gonna end up in Fife Park!!!':redface:. Anyhow I really want to know if the people who were bold enough to write their preferred hall on the form got in to it.
viciouscircle
Good things come to those who wait, patience is a virtue and other such clichés. :rolleyes:

What did you request for a room? I said single en-suite and still ended up with a shared standard in Sallies. Although I filled out the form before reading up on the halls and then once it was sent, I was like 'Noooo I'm gonna end up in Fife Park!!!':redface:. Anyhow I really want to know if the people who were bold enough to write their preferred hall on the form got in to it.

Wow that’s quite a change, did you apply late or something?
Reply 53
viciouscircle

Hmm...I wrote them a really long note on my form (complete with lots of smiley faces) explaining that my first choice was Sallies but that I'd also be happy in Regs, and that I really wanted a roommate. I ended up in a shared room in Regs, so I think they try to listen.
Reply 54
I didnt specify i just said i didnt want to walk so far haha lol! I just hope they now dont joke with me and put me miles away. I just put standard cause im a guy, and i dont see why guys would really need ensuite! Whats meant to be the worst hall then? There must be one that people turn there noses up to? Im sure i will be in that one :smile: come the 16th.
Reply 55
if anyone answers melville to that... there'll be a price to pay.. :smile:
Icecradle
if anyone answers melville to that... there'll be a price to pay.. :smile:

Melville

:wink: I couldn't resist. It's like the whole Don't push the button thing. I would so push the button. Hmm...not sure where I'm going with this thought. :confused: Must stop going off on tangents.

Anyhow I wouldn't have been happy in any of the halls that were far out from town like Fife Parkbecause I heard that they don't tend to have that many freshers. I would have felt far too isolated.

Def agree with mbm1087, Sallies was my fave but closely followed by Regs
I put "Sallies" on my form, just to notify the accomodation office that that was my number one choice. Then, I wrote a full length letter, giving lame reasons why I wanted to be in Sallies haha. And for all that, it didn't even work! I'd be annoyed if I hadn't been put in McIntosh, because it's just as good as Sallies it seems.
Reply 58
I dont know if its just me but if i was the one reading forms id get really annoyed with the pleads from students about which halls they want. I know we are all new and all that but as it doesnt ask you on the form they clearly dont want you to put it. So im not to sure that putting the request down actually works? Might be completely wrong in saying that though. And dont take it the wrong way though cause i did the same as i hinted where I wanted and didnt want to go.
Well I think it's reasonable to put down your hall of choice on the form, but I think I did go too far wasting their time sending a letter with really no concrete reasons for needing to be in Sallies lol

Latest

Trending

Trending