The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Cloudy
Personally i don't believe the use of swear words effects the friendly atmosphere of the forum.

shall i find you an example?
Reply 81
Well i'm not going to join a group to make ukl a better place, i'm just going to be the best member i can to make ukl a better place, if everyone just did that the surely there wouldn't be a problem?
Reply 82
PadFoot90
doesn't it make for a friendlier enviroment when people use good language?

not really- people can be polite and still very hostile
Reply 83
PadFoot90
well then perhaps they should work on it by joining a group against it. If they agree with the other group rules, then it will discourage them from swearing, hopefully.

Perhaps so, but many members of this forum are members of various groups and they don't obey half the rules stated....
Reply 84
PadFoot90
shall i find you an example?

if you wish, bu remember there is a difference between swear word and word that are offensive!
Reply 85
zazy
Perhaps so, but many members of this forum are members of various groups and they don't obey half the rules stated....
There lies the problem with groups :rolleyes:
Reply 86
very true
Reply 87
corey
Who mostly seek to increase their self-importance.

Amongst other things...
Reply 88
Cloudy
if you wish, bu remember there is a difference between swear word and word that are offensive!

take a look at the Sexiest UK-L members page five.
Reply 89
zazy

also true, it seems that many people just join the groups just so they can add a new name to their signature, increase their post in the join up thread, and hope that fellow members will do rep exchanges with them. If you really think about it, it is these groups that are the problem to UKL!

SHOULDN'T YOU BE FIGHTING YOURSELVES?
Reply 90
Cloudy
also true, it seems that many people just join the groups just so they can add a new name to their signature, increase their post in the join up thread, and hope that fellow members will do rep exchanges with them. If you really think about it, it is these groups that are the problem to UKL!

the empire is not a ego trip, sig thing, or rep thing. We are honestly trying to make UKL better, and i dont see how people can be against that.
Reply 91
Cloudy

SHOULDN'T YOU BE FIGHTING YOURSELVES?

Not just that..Some groups have ranks and they will join it and suck up so much till they are appointed a high poisition... :rolleyes:
corey
The Hierarchical structure of the Empire just encourages the furthering of the secular nature of UKL.

Yes I was rather unsettled about that structure (I found it incredulous that some of the members were in the postion they were in) therefore opted out of their group.
Reply 93
PadFoot90
the empire is not a ego trip, sig thing, or rep thing. We are honestly trying to make UKL better, and i dont see how people can be against that.
Why have a hierachy then? If the empire is truely commited to making UKL better, surely you would just need a members list and not make some members of the empire better than others?

Nice avatar w2s.

Latest

Trending

Trending