The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Mine was Lancaster
Ah thats why maybe-mine was for aberdeen!
Reply 42
Hi.

I'm in Edinburgh and I paid 3 quid for mine. I've used it twice. For Burger King (30% discount) and for Au Naturale (15% discount).

There seems to be places not mentioned where you can use it also. For example, there's a independent video/dvd shop down the road that offers free membership and a free dvd a month with a snapfax. As I'm not likely to get a TV this year that sounds like a good idea.

But yeah - You can get student discounts almost anywhere anyway.
Reply 43
I live in Glasgow and got one this year, and it cost me 3 quid (not a fiver!). I think theyre worthwhile. Ive bought one every year for the past 3 years and always end up using them loads.
I agree with what another girl said about it being like buying a one off pint, except its actually useful in the future!
Reply 44
i used mine at the cinema the other day, and the girl didn't tick the box on the snapfax, so now i still have £1 off 3 visits... hehe!
Reply 45
The Aberdeen ones are free in the Cinema and Lidl just now, just go and ask for one.
Reply 46
our uni had some a few free ones in the coffee shop a few weeks ago
why would they give away free ones?
Reply 48
SmilerNuts
why would they give away free ones?

Cause they have sold all they can. The £2 people pay for them is just greed basically. All the money comes from the companies inside it.
Reply 49
yep, they don't need the money, they pay the sellers practically nothing for selling them too.