The Student Room Group

where to study my A levels next year

Hi there,
Im having to make a hard decision at the moment on where I study my A levels next year and I want some advice.

I can either go to my current school where I'd study maths, further maths, physchology and physics or go to a sixth form college to study maths further maths music performing (BTEC) and physics. I'm not sure as at my current school I have really good teachers, especially maths (my maths teacher who made me enjoy maths), its closer, and there are less people so i'll get more attention and commitment from the teachers. But im not sure if i want to be a musician or study physics at uni (i know musician is unlikely but i'm ambitious) and i cant study music performing at my current school which would be nice. I'd get to go to CERN in year 2 at the collehe which would look good on a unit appplication as i want to study physics at Southampton where i could do a masters at CERN. But, i may not do music there either as it would be better to come out with 3 A levels rather than an 2 A levels and a BTEC when id want to go to a competitive uni which wouldn't be good. So then i'd end up studying the same subjects that i would at my current school so i'd only be going to a new place because i get to go to CERN. As you can see i'm pretty confused.

Would going to CERN show i have an interest in physics for a uni application? (im reading physics/maths books as well.

Would going to my current school be better if i had two maths teachers that i learn from really well be better?

How hard is further maths and maths?

Should i take a risk and go somewhere new where i could come out with 2 a levels and a BTEC?

Also my school sixth form will do edexcel for maths and fm and the sf college will do ocr for both, which is probably better?

Please help
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest