Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New music to listen to? Watch

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I'm into things like Iron Maiden, Avenged Sevenfold, Breaking Benjamin and Within Temptation. I want to expand my music library with music similar to this, but slightly different! (Preferably still rock/metal/alternative) Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Royal Blood, The Story So Far, The Wonder Years, The First and Mallory Knox.

Particularly The First and Royal Blood- Little Monster by RB is so so good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Royal Blood are so good. I'm not a fan of rock but they are great. Radio 1 track of the day today, with their new one, Figure It Out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephenNaulls)
    Royal Blood, The Story So Far, The Wonder Years, The First and Mallory Knox.

Particularly The First and Royal Blood- Little Monster by RB is so so good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had a listen to those bands, I like The First and Mallory Knox. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Nightcore
    Foo Fighters
    AC/DC
    Lazee

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a huge rock/metal/EMO fan, but my sister likes these:

Of Mice and Men
    Bring me the Horizon
    Falling in Reverse
    Pierce the Veil
    Sleeping with Sirens
    Ghost Town

ReputationRep:
    I have too many bands to suggest... have a look at some of the bands on my last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/bounce00100/charts , there are a few bands on their which really are quite different, but for the most part they're fairly similar (or at least covering the whole rock/metal/alternative genre :P), btw what's your opinion of unclean vocals?

ReputationRep:
    Biffy Clyro are a really good band. However, I suggest their older albums more than the latest ones.

ReputationRep:
    Blink-182
    The Hives
    Muse
    Jimmy Eat world
    LCD soundsystem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fanticipation)
    I'm not a huge rock/metal/EMO fan, but my sister likes these:

Of Mice and Men
    Bring me the Horizon
    Falling in Reverse
    Pierce the Veil
    Sleeping with Sirens
    Ghost Town
    Of Mice and Men seem decent. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bounce00100)
    I have too many bands to suggest... have a look at some of the bands on my last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/bounce00100/charts , there are a few bands on their which really are quite different, but for the most part they're fairly similar (or at least covering the whole rock/metal/alternative genre :P), btw what's your opinion of unclean vocals?
    481 artists!? That IS a lot! I will have a look at them all when I get more time. Unclean vocals? Erm like screaming? I don't really mind it. (If that is what you mean). Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashleymacleod)
    Biffy Clyro are a really good band. However, I suggest their older albums more than the latest ones.
    Ooooo they are good, more relaxed than I am used to, but still good! Similar to Stone Sour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam')
    481 artists!? That IS a lot! I will have a look at them all when I get more time. Unclean vocals? Erm like screaming? I don't really mind it. (If that is what you mean). Thanks!
    Haha i listen to an awful lot of music so i need lots of artists to keep it interesting it's nice having a library that takes weeks to listen to It probably speaks for itself but the top hundred artists or so are the best Ah good, i was gonna list the bands with unclean vocalists otherwise, but yeah i think i know what you mean, i really enjoy unclean vocals provided the music itself is good, but generally it's best alongside clean vocals, the screamo genre itself i cannot put up with

ReputationRep:
    Haha i listen to an awful lot of music so i need lots of artists to keep it interesting it's nice having a library that takes weeks to listen to It probably speaks for itself but the top hundred artists or so are the best Ah good, i was gonna list the bands with unclean vocalists otherwise, but yeah i think i know what you mean, i really enjoy unclean vocals provided the music itself is good, but generally it's best alongside clean vocals, the screamo genre itself i cannot put up with
    Yeah, I like a mix of clean and unclean vocals, slipknot does that a bit and they have good music so I enjoy some of their songs. I don't like screaming when it is just noise in the background, not music, if you get what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam')
    Of Mice and Men seem decent. Thanks!
    Glad I could help!

ReputationRep:

I like rock music too and I still like this :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Dude! I love your taste in music!!!

ReputationRep:
    Carcass, Opeth, Gojira, Amon Amarth, Alestorm and Devin Townsend Project (the final two can be joyfully silly )

ReputationRep:
    Foo Fighters, Children of Bodom, Alesana, Bullet for My Valentine and La Dispute are all really awesome bands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laylarose)
    Foo Fighters, Children of Bodom, Alesana, Bullet for My Valentine and La Dispute are all really awesome bands
    Alesana are pretty good, La Dispute is good too (sounds like he is crying though haha!)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.