Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you do if you won big on the lottery? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I mean like not just in terms of what you would buy but also would you stay in education? Would you ever get a job? I'm talking if you won £30 million for example. Also would you keep all the money, giver some to charity or give some to family and friends? what would YOU do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackRowbotham)
    I mean like not just in terms of what you would buy but also would you stay in education? Would you ever get a job? I'm talking if you won £30 million for example. Also would you keep all the money, giver some to charity or give some to family and friends? what would YOU do?
    Give away some of it to Family/Friends.

Buy a nice house in Australia and invest the rest. Live off of the investments whilst surfing all day and bits of volunteer work.

ReputationRep:
    Build a massive orphanage for disabled children in either bulgaria or romania, work there, hire good staff and love the babies as much as possible.

ReputationRep:
    £30 million...

Im more Stig than Jesus. I would not give to charity. I would spend it on petrol and machinery that can burn it, such as a Lamborghini Veneno. I would also pay some big burley *******s to harass various employers for being ********s. I would tour the world on some wicked sports touring motorcycle such as an FJR1300. I would only use planes to get across oceans, the rest would be riding or driving. The big bucks would also come in handy for paying speed related fines.
      I would also have surgery to make my **** bigger.

ReputationRep:
      One thing for sure!! I won't be telling anyone that I had won it and most likely will avoid any publicity to that regard as otherwise everyone and their brother will be your friend or your long lost family and it would so happen that they are in a big financial mess of some kind.

ReputationRep:
      Give my mum the life she wants, give the majority of the rest to very small/local charities or deserving people/causes, and leave enough left to buy myself a decent house.
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      I would finish my degree if I hadn't finished it by then. I would maybe still keep my job but leave for a while. I would give my close family money and treat them to anything they wanted - say a house, holiday etc, would treat my partner to a new laptop and whatever other gadgets he fancied and I would buy myself new gadgets, clothes, a house, holidays and then put the rest in savings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Give some to my parents and other family members
      I'd finish my education

ReputationRep:
      I'd be surprised because I am yet to partake in the lottery

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      I'd still go to university, quit my job at Tesco, go on some expensive holidays, and after go backpacking for a year or so in hostels around the parts I didn't go in South-East Asia, as well as Australia, New Zealand and Fiji. I'd also inter-rail, maybe fly, I'd have the money after all! And do Camp America, with no worries about having to keep a job with all the time away. I'd buy a house, a couple abroad, give a few million to my parents, and give my family free reign of my properties. I'd like to think I'd still work, maybe teach as that's what I'm considering at the moment, but I'm not sure how likely that would be! I think I'd just go abroad a lot to be honest - I want to go everywhere! I wouldn't want many people to know, but it's inevitable that everyone would find out. I don't understand the people who collect cars. You just need one? Oh god, I really want to be rich now

ReputationRep:
      Something I've thought long and hard about. For instance if I won £50 million I would give £20 million to charities and ask them to keep the donations anonymous. Pay of parents mortgage and make sure they don't have to work anymore. Give a million each to every close family member. Travel the world for two years and come back and start my own brewery. I would continue you my studies and try and get a masters in chain supply management.

I wouldn't tell anyone except family I'd won though, not that I really have anyone to tell lol. I would hate for people to treat me differently to what they do already I know to many thickle people who would try and worm in on the money.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      The first thing id do is hand my notice in at my main job. And tell my manager a few home truths.

ReputationRep:
      When people say , spend a little and put the rest in savings to these questions . :confused:

Do you actually like slaving away for money and don't like spending it or what.

To answer the question , i'd buy a few supercars , a nice place modest place in central london , invest about 70% of it , go around the world actually partaking in charity rather than just giving it away.

I'd help set up education in underdeveloped countries etc.

ReputationRep:
      The first thing Id do is go on a MASSIVE bender. I reckon I could get rid of £1-2m in a couple of weeks or so.

After that I don't really know, probably build a nice house and get a new PC, but after that... meh...

Actually I think I would take about a million down to Trafalgar square and burn it.

ReputationRep:
      30 million? meh.

A yacht, a jet, a new house with new furniture etc., new clothes.

ReputationRep:
      First of all, ensure all of my family are set for life. I'll donate £5 million to the needy and to a worthwhile cause, £10 million to my family, and I'll use the rest to establish a new life for myself in a far away land, possibly in the Australian outback or American Southwest, somewhere remote and far away from society, in the middle of the desert or the wild. I'd build a cosy home in a nice area and just live out the rest of my days in peace. That's the life for me.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by blueskyblue)
      When people say , spend a little and put the rest in savings to these questions . :confused:

Do you actually like slaving away for money and don't like spending it or what.
      If you don't spunk it away aimlessly in a short period of time, £30m is more than enough to live a nice life on, even if that life is, as most here will hope, going to last another 60years at least.

However, if you go all out crazy for a little while, you could get through all of that and then have to go back to work, which would be rubbish.

So it's not about not liking to spend it, it's about being a teeny bit sensible, and being able to spend it for decades.

ReputationRep:
      I'd invest in the community and causes close to my heart. Money wouldn't change me I don't think.

ReputationRep:
      Give it all to my mum and let her decide.

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.