Why do TSR say substituting letters in words is an offence? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Why does TSR advise us that in their own rules substituting letters in words such as Mucking Fuppet is worthy of a warning (I bet I get one for that example lol), yet they have a forum Moderator called Potally_Tissed?

Double standards? Or are we supposed to be just too stupid to notice?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    "pissed" is not a word covered by the swear filter.

Avoiding the swear filter makes it more likely that TSR will end up blocked by schools and colleges, which is the main reason it isn't allowed.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)

Avoiding the swear filter makes it more likely that TSR will end up blocked by schools and colleges, which is the main reason it isn't allowed.
    I'm pretty sure that's no longer the main reason The justification is more now about keeping TSR a place for pleasant discussion.
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by Dez)

that makes sense, I wouldn't have survived school if tsr was blocked D:

ReputationRep:
    What Dez said
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouspie227)
    that makes sense, I wouldn't have survived school if tsr was blocked D:
    Most skls I know off have TSR in their allowed list anyway.
    It's pretty famous. All my teachers knew it!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)

My school blocked TSR , the IT staff are arrogant *******s though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.