Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone

i'm 15 and i am looking for a job so i can pay for prom. I live in ramsbottom
    bury lancashire. I have applied mostly in ramsbottom where else can i get a job. i don't turn 16 till may so there is no option but to get a job now.

Thanks
    Rebecca

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky_Louise15)
    Hey everyone

i'm 15 and i am looking for a job so i can pay for prom. I live in ramsbottom
    bury lancashire. I have applied mostly in ramsbottom where else can i get a job. i don't turn 16 till may so there is no option but to get a job now.

Thanks
    Rebecca
    At the age of 15 you will find it difficult to find a job because you are not of the minimum legal working age yet. This is defined as when you turn 16 AND it's after the last week in June when you finish your GCSEs.

Companies are free to hire you at the age of 15, but they're not legally required to pay you any set rate, plus there's a lot of forms to fill out due to you being underage that in most cases it's just not worth the hassle. Plus there are certain careers that, at your age, you cannot go into.

However, if you can, try getting a paper round for your local area. My brother used to do it at that age, and he got about £20 a week for it. Sure you have to wake up early in the mornings, but that's the nature of the job.

Unfortunately, until June next year, all you can do is apply and hope for the best.

ReputationRep:
    WHSmiths hire some people aged 15.

Other than that, a paper round would be an option and a few coffee shops and restaurants may hire you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.