Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What was the stupidest thing you wrote in a GCSE exam? Watch

• Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    This was mine: I decided to use one statistic, *just* one, in my RE exam, and it was wrong: 'One in two marriages end in divorce', I wrote confidently.

When I left the exam, I recounted the sentence to my friend, it being the only true fact I'd made in the whole exam...I was, in a modest way, proud...

...Only to be corrected to say it was "one in three marriages" that end in divorce. I looked at him. He looked at me. We both burst out laughing. I felt comically crushed.

Then, I ended up getting a B on results day. Apparently the examiner didn't know either.

What's the stupidest thing you did in a GCSE exam you took recently?

ReputationRep:
    Answered the wrong b) part question on an Edexcel RS Unit 8 exam

ReputationRep:
    I've wrote essay A and B instead of choosing one for my English gcse

ReputationRep:
    Elena thinks that because (sin x)^2 + (cos x)^2 = 1, that sin(x)+cos(x)=1, why is she wrong?

Nate: Because she is a woman.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I managed to squeeze the rest of the correct answer on the second line

ReputationRep:
    I answered every question in detailed illustrations.

ReputationRep:
    "I am a fish" over and over again...

ReputationRep:
    I tried to argue God would have been a racist in my history exam. I got an A overall so I'm not sure if what I wrote was bad and the rest exceptionally good or all of it was just good.

ReputationRep:
    I went full stupid and wrote reincarnation instead of karma in English literature exam... I haven't got the results back, I hope the examiner understood as a confusion under exam pressure and not 'misunderstanding meaning and misusing vocab'.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I think I made up stuff for my History exam and then shrowded it up with tonnes of writing... ah well.

ReputationRep:
    I compared the wrong sources for the 16 mark question in the English Lang paper. Not my finest hour....

ReputationRep:
    Made up a lot of 'facts' that appeared to be legit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbdulKoyes)
    Made up a lot of 'facts' that appeared to be legit
    Story of my life @geographycasestudies

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Gettig Lennie and George the wrong way round throughout the whole of the Literature question; so I subsequently said that Lennie killed George to top off the woeful exam.

ReputationRep:
    In a maths exam I had no idea how to answer this 4 marker but I had loads of time left as I'd finished the paper and if I'm honest I didn't really care about maths; I'd already passed yet the school made me resit to try and so better -.- So after debating with myself ether to times, add, divide or minus the numbers I did all four calculations knowing one of them was right and hoping I'd get at least one working out mark. Smooth

Oh and in my history exam I spent 25 minutes on a 7 mark question and so only had 10 minutes to do the 10 marker, ugh :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LydiaFirefly<3)
    Oh and in my history exam I spent 25 minutes on a 7 mark question and so only had 10 minutes to do the 10 marker, ugh :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This again is story of my life lol
    I had this history paper which had big essay question at the end with 8 marks, I spent 50 mins on other question and I only had 10 mins for that one lol! I managed to get balanced argument just about but eh...the detail...

ReputationRep:
    I wrote Intradependant and Intredependant, instead of Intraspecific and Ianterspecific in my Biology exam... Godamnit.

ReputationRep:
    My physics paper wanted me to give a reason why someone wouldn't buy a new, modern fridgerator (not including cost) and i wrote "The individual may be emotionally attached to their outdated fridgerator."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annabanana12)
    My physics paper wanted me to give a reason why someone wouldn't buy a new, modern fridgerator (not including cost) and i wrote "The individual may be emotionally attached to their outdated fridgerator."
    OCR 21st Century P1-3?

ReputationRep:
    I used to try to amuse myself in, what my self-entitled brain deemed to be unimportant, exams by drawing little cartoons. I drew a brachiosaurus dressed in leather trousers and a whip with the caption "some dinosaurs are gay, get over it". Not really sure why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulfur)
    OCR 21st Century P1-3?
    Nooo, it was AQA P1

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.