The Student Room Group

Guys, Would You Date Me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Tomsta
It would depend on if we clicked, it's all well and good listing your traits and problems, but overall without a picture i can't really say, i myself have an anxiety issue and have suffered from mild depression, so i can emphasise with the social anxiety, but as for the Asperger's; i'm not too sure, are you kind of like Sheldon from TBBT (unable to detect sarcasm etc. I'm quite sarcastic at times)

The link in the original post is a picture of me, and when it comes to me and sarcasm I can detect it half the time (it really depends on the situation, in an emotionally charged situation I won't pick up on stuff like that)
Reply 41
Original post by Dilzo999
I'm straight so no, I wouldn't date you. Although you do seem like a cool person so I wouldn't mind being your friend :smile:.

Fair enough dude, and thanks, I'd definitely be up for making another friend :smile:
I'm always up for a chat.
hell no

yuq
Reply 44
I'm not gay but if i was; the self-proclaimed self-centered personality trait is off-putting and is inexcusable regardless of what you have. Sorry bud. I assumed a condition such as Asperger's Syndrome would be humbling, apparently not.

Also, your 'symptoms' are some that a few people at university that i know exhibit and i know they haven't got Asperger's syndrome. Just a bad case of social anxiety. Have you been diagnosed with Aspergers?
Upload your pic to TinyPic and post the link.
Reply 46
Original post by PJEffect
(I'm such a self centred person lol)

I'm an 18 year old college student who likes movies, TV, exercise, video games, meeting new people and trying new things

I have Asperger's syndrome (it makes me terrible in social situations, I usually can't figure out if someone's actually hitting on me or if they're just being friendly) and social anxiety (I tend to have panic attacks if surrounded by too many people, like at a concert for example)

I have a somewhat crazy sense of humour, I've been told I can make almost anyone laugh though, I'm also quite intelligent and eloquent

I guess my question is would anyone here consider dating me?

(feel free to say no lol)

I would definitely :wink: Wanna check me out? :tongue:
Reply 47
Original post by tim3
I would definitely :wink: Wanna check me out? :tongue:

Certainly, what do you like doing in your spare time?
Reply 48
Certainly, what do you like doing in your spare time?

Procrastinating, looking over medical websites and seeing which speciality I would like to go into, procrastinating again, laughing, reading jokes and listening to other people :biggrin:
Reply 49
Original post by KhanNab
I'm not gay but if i was; the self-proclaimed self-centered personality trait is off-putting and is inexcusable regardless of what you have. Sorry bud. I assumed a condition such as Asperger's Syndrome would be humbling, apparently not.

Also, your 'symptoms' are some that a few people at university that i know exhibit and i know they haven't got Asperger's syndrome. Just a bad case of social anxiety. Have you been diagnosed with Aspergers?

About your first point: That was meant as a joke due to the fact that there are several countries falling apart due to war and I'm posting a thread asking if people would date me, it wasn't meant to be taken that seriously

Your second point: I was diagnosed when I was 9 years old due to social services nothing short of forcing my parents to send me to her (one of my siblings was at deaths door and I wasn't coping well with it)
Reply 50
Original post by tim3
Procrastinating, looking over medical websites and seeing which speciality I would like to go into, procrastinating again, laughing, reading jokes and listening to other people :biggrin:

procrastination is the best type of nation (that was awful lol) and laughter is great, especially if you can keep it going :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by RomnCoton
Upload your pic to TinyPic and post the link.

Or you can just right click on the link in the first post?
Reply 52
procrastination is the best type of nation (that was awful lol) and laughter is great, especially if you can keep it going :smile:

i would do anything to keep positivity and laughter in my life :wink:
Why not? Its just a date.
I can't see you picture....
I can't see your picture....
Reply 56
I think everyone thought that the OP was a girl, myself included.
Reply 57
Original post by C-Rooney
I think everyone thought that the OP was a girl, myself included.

I have a male sign next to my name to be fair
Reply 58
I have a male sign next to my name to be fair

I never got that far lol.
Reply 59
About your first point: That was meant as a joke due to the fact that there are several countries falling apart due to war and I'm posting a thread asking if people would date me, it wasn't meant to be taken that seriously

Your second point: I was diagnosed when I was 9 years old due to social services nothing short of forcing my parents to send me to her (one of my siblings was at deaths door and I wasn't coping well with it)

Several people ask about their desirability on TSA, another person asking that does not come off as a joke. Sorry, but you didn't emulate that very well.

Alright didn't really need the background information, it was a yes or no question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending