The Student Room Group

What was your hardest A-level exam and why?

Out of all three I did, mine was History - it was 90 minutes and I felt as though I had to structure my answers so neatly and regurgitate so much detail in such a tight time frame :frown:

What was your hardest A-level exam (A2 or AS)?

Scroll to see replies

Has to be Geography Unit 4 - A2 (EDEXCEL). Not enough time and having to remember all of your references is ridiculously hard...
I think my hardest A2 exam was probably my Unit 3 AQA Geography exam because I had to answer 2 sets of 7, 8 and 10 mark questions followed by a 40 mark essay in 2 and a half hours. The essay title was also really difficult. So similar reasons to the history exams really! Felt like my arm was going to fall off!:frown:
G482 lol. Out of all my 10+ exams ( Psychology, Chem, Physics) G482 was the hardest, even harder than. ALL. A2.
(edited 9 years ago)
English literature B - both exams. First one felt like I was shooting in the dark & the second was just so wordy that they were trying to make everyone fail. Love English but it's so stressful that it takes the enjoyment out of it all

Posted from TSR Mobile
C1 or C2 maths ._.
Economics A2 Unit 4 (Edexcel)

I feel like I did golden on the first half of the paper but second part may let me down!
Reply 7
A2 maths in general, because Edexcel suck :|
AS Chemistry unit 1 - Edexcel. I knew nothing.
Original post by snikutsmullac
AS Chemistry unit 1 - Edexcel. I knew nothing.

I did the OCR exam....it was nearly worse than maths xD I don't even know what my results will be now because the exams were so difficult :redface: maybe it's just chemistry xD
C3 edexcel june 2013
First 2 questions were fine, **** my load with the rest of the paper.

Fp1 june 2014 was a bitch too.
Original post by infinitytheory
I did the OCR exam....it was nearly worse than maths xD I don't even know what my results will be now because the exams were so difficult :redface: maybe it's just chemistry xD

That was a standard paper if on about OCR A, year before was a nightmare paper IMO.

Chem unit 3 was bs.
Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
That was a standard paper if on about OCR A, year before was a nightmare paper IMO.

Chem unit 3 was bs.

Damn thank god i'm not taking chemistry next year, i was so done with chemistry by december and by the exam I was so screwed xD
Also your name has Fnatic in it...league by any chance? i love fnatic and c9 :3
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by infinitytheory
Damn thank god i'm not taking chemistry next year, i was so done with chemistry by december and by the exam I was so screwed xD

It's unfair IMO, the papers in the past 2 sessions have been much harder than previous years, but whatever everyone taking them now has to cop it i guess, good luck in your studies.
Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
It's unfair IMO, the papers in the past 2 sessions have been much harder than previous years, but whatever everyone taking them now has to cop it i guess, good luck in your studies.

Thanks ^^ you too :biggrin:
OCR C3/4. I hate maths.

As long as I get B's in them/ do super well in stats and get an A in that and B/C in 3&4, I should get an A overall, which I need!
Probably AS maths, because I did terrible and ended up with E.

For A2, probably geography because it's all essay questions, which is a bit different to the type of questions you get on exams for a lot other subjects.
Reply 17
Physics OCR Unit 5: G485. Because it was a horrendous paper. A question about content from Unit 2? The hardest electric fields question they could think of?? ONE medical physics question?? Hardly anything on atomic structure or nuclear physics????

I was not amused. Went in feeling confident and came out feeling awful. It's the one paper that has convinced me that I've missed the A I need for uni (I need AAB and don't think I got the A in chem, which I've been expecting all year so I was relying on physics, which I did much better in last year). :frown:
Reply 18
The ISAs.
OCR Chemistry B Saltars f334.

Quick Reply

Latest