Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can guys be attractive without wide-broad shoulders? Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: can men be attractive without wide shoulders?
    yes-shoulders dont matter and i dont notice them much
    61.54%
    no- guy must have wide shoulders to be attractive
    38.46%

ReputationRep:
    do women notice or care about shoulder width on men?

ReputationRep:
    most won't even notice lol

ReputationRep:
    broad shoulder master race

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I don't think it's a big deal.
    Although if I do notice, its because I notice they're too broad and the head looks tiny compared.

ReputationRep:
    This question is on the same wavelength as do men care about pelvis width in women :dry:

In other words, nobody notices.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't matter one bit

ReputationRep:
    Well, I hope so. Mine aren't very broad.

ReputationRep:
    Drink testosterone (you can get this from another man, preferably of the masculine wide shouldered variety) and wear very tight V-neck t shirts.

ReputationRep:
    Shoulder width is irrelevant to attractiveness

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wide shoulders... more to bite :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    I do personally find broad shoulders attractive but I think men can be attractive without them. Also I wouldn't find someone attractive just because he has broad shoulders. In short it doesn't matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes. No.

ReputationRep:
    I don't take any notice of the width of shoulders

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does this guy have broad shoulders? Hes cute.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...d=303907&stc=1

Broad shoulders= hot
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpgm_5211085_1JzChKjoSHnl.jpg (17.4 KB)

ReputationRep:
    doesn't matter

ReputationRep:
    OP, you need to start drinking testosterone from another guy with high testosterone levels. This is the only way you can widen your underlying bone structure. Muscles won't cut it. Alternatively, you could tone your shoulder muscles to give them the appearance of more width, by cutting and bulking at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matty123123)
    can a guy be attracitve without wide-broad shoulders? do you even notice or care bout shoulder width?
    Absolutely, but yes.

Meaning, I can definitely be attracted to a guy independently of whether or not he has broad shoulders, but being a sucker for guys with nice broad backs I would never say I don't notice them, because it is a thing for me.

ReputationRep:
    Can a man be attractive without wide shoulders, obviously yes
    Are wide shoulders generally more attractive to women, yeah tbh
    I was actually surprised by how much women notice things like shoulders and height tbh :curious:

I can't say I've ever noticed the width of a man's shoulders.

ReputationRep:
      Definitely not consciously, I don't notice shoulders.

But they do make up part of a person's look so then I thought about references I had seen in documentaries or whatever of the idea that women generally prefer wider shoulders and decided to try and see if I had an unconscious bias toward wider that I hadn't noticed. I've been looking through Google images at a range of random men and naah, I really don't think so. If anything I seem to prefer narrower shoulders but I do seem to be on average more drawn to slightly unusual looking men. Like Steve Buscemi.

(I'm an odd kind of person though, I don't normally look at people or have celebrity crushes or find anyone that I don't know sexually attractive - I still have preferences if you ask me to actually look ie. I could say 'I like that look' in the same way as 'I like that dress')

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2014
  2. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

3. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  4. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

5. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.