Muslim Council of Britain reject Trojan horse report-proof muslims are extremists?

Watch
Poll: Does Muslim Council Supporting Trojan schools show majority of muslims are extremists
Yes- it shows they support the schools extremists teachings (7)
87.5%
No- it shows they are not extremist (1)
12.5%
Ace123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
http://www.theguardian.com/education...ouncil-britain

Muslim Council of Britain apparently the moderate face of Islam have rejected the Trojan Horse schools report despite defintive evidence of extremists practices.

Is this proof that the majority of muslims support what has gone on in the Trojan horse schools and that the majority of muslims want Islam to dominate the UK
Snagprophet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Jesus Christ, we allow these people in this country?
DiddyDec01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Is there no middle ground in this conversation? I don't think the majority are extremists but there is a large minority who are.
Hussm
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Maybe hehe
Lord_Mediocre
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
These Muslims, most of which are Pakistani are so embarrassing.
Ace123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Snagprophet)
Jesus Christ, we allow these people in this country?
don't you feel enriched? biggest mistake to let muslims into the UK all they have done is cause terrorism and extremism
InnerTemple
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ace123)
don't you feel enriched? biggest mistake to let muslims into the UK all they have done is cause terrorism and extremism
Some have. Most are decent people.

Stop generalising.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The MCB isn't an elected body and I think it sometimes gets more press than it deserves, but it is the largest and best known representative organisation for Muslims in the UK, so I suppose on that level it is worth paying attention to. However, what it says doesn't prove anything about majority Muslim opinion one way or another.

That said, it is troubling how many Muslims in the UK seem to be in favour of a medieval-style repressive and reactionary view of things like the treatment of women and girls and the ways in which subjects at school are approached. I was depressed to read recently that in surveys, something like 20% of young Muslims here don't believe music should be an option for Muslim children at school. Pretty sad stuff really.
llys
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
TBH I think the majority of muslims do not consider things like segregating genders or teaching creationism to be extremist in the first place. Both are completely normal and accepted as part of their religion, not "extremist" at all. That's where the problems start.
Ronove
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Is there no middle ground in this conversation? I don't think the majority are extremists but there is a large minority who are.
Did you read the OP? The problem is that there seems to be a hell of a lot of tacit support for extremist practices among the 'peaceful, moderate majority'.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.3%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.44%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (83)
19.58%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.43%
No - I live at home during term anyway (124)
29.25%

Watched Threads