Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Muslim Council of Britain reject Trojan horse report-proof muslims are extremists? Watch

• View Poll Results: Does Muslim Council Supporting Trojan schools show majority of muslims are extremists
    Yes- it shows they support the schools extremists teachings
    87.50%
    No- it shows they are not extremist
    12.50%

ReputationRep:
    http://www.theguardian.com/education...ouncil-britain

Muslim Council of Britain apparently the moderate face of Islam have rejected the Trojan Horse schools report despite defintive evidence of extremists practices.

Is this proof that the majority of muslims support what has gone on in the Trojan horse schools and that the majority of muslims want Islam to dominate the UK

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Christ, we allow these people in this country?

ReputationRep:
    Is there no middle ground in this conversation? I don't think the majority are extremists but there is a large minority who are.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe hehe
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    These Muslims, most of which are Pakistani are so embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    Jesus Christ, we allow these people in this country?
    don't you feel enriched? biggest mistake to let muslims into the UK all they have done is cause terrorism and extremism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ace123)
    don't you feel enriched? biggest mistake to let muslims into the UK all they have done is cause terrorism and extremism
    Some have. Most are decent people.

Stop generalising.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The MCB isn't an elected body and I think it sometimes gets more press than it deserves, but it is the largest and best known representative organisation for Muslims in the UK, so I suppose on that level it is worth paying attention to. However, what it says doesn't prove anything about majority Muslim opinion one way or another.

That said, it is troubling how many Muslims in the UK seem to be in favour of a medieval-style repressive and reactionary view of things like the treatment of women and girls and the ways in which subjects at school are approached. I was depressed to read recently that in surveys, something like 20% of young Muslims here don't believe music should be an option for Muslim children at school. Pretty sad stuff really.

ReputationRep:
    TBH I think the majority of muslims do not consider things like segregating genders or teaching creationism to be extremist in the first place. Both are completely normal and accepted as part of their religion, not "extremist" at all. That's where the problems start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Is there no middle ground in this conversation? I don't think the majority are extremists but there is a large minority who are.
    Did you read the OP? The problem is that there seems to be a hell of a lot of tacit support for extremist practices among the 'peaceful, moderate majority'.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.