The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

After results day?

Hi,

Basically I firmed leeds to study business management with predicted grades aab and an offer of aab. However my exams went quite badly and realistically it wouldn't be that surprising if I got bbc. Is there any chance I would still get into leeds or should I write Leeds of completely? I did well in my gcse's and got straight a's and one c.

Thank you,
I don't think you'd get into Leeds. :frown:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Hi

Thanks for your question.

Firstly, I'm sure things haven't gone as badly as you think, but it's good that you're thinking realistically about your results and university choices.

When you get your results, you'll be able to check whether you've been accepted at Leeds on both UCAS Track and our website (www.leeds.ac.uk).

Unfortunately there isn't a definite yes or no answer to questions like this, come results day we look at people who we:

-Must accept - i.e. they met or exceeded the terms of their offer
-Can accept - may have dropped a grade but still are a good candidate and we could accept them if there are spaces
-Can't accept - people who missed their grades by a fair amount, and we can no longer accept as they do not meet the minimum requirements of the course. E.g. If you offer requires an A in Mathematics and you get a B or a C.

Once we've confirmed all the "must accepts", we then see how many spaces are left, and try to fill them with people who are still strong applicants, but maybe slipped a little in one subject.

That said, I'm sure you've done fine in your exams, it's easier to focus on the bits that didn't go so well and forget that the majority of the exams/papers weren't too bad :smile:

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with,

Amanda

Quick Reply

Latest